HybridZ

Turbo Choices?

240Z_Master

Okay...

This probably isn't the correct forum, however it's my favorite and most trusted.

I'm just looking for a good 450HP T3 Turbo with an internal gate... Any ideas and or suggestions (besides the get an externally gated turbo). T3/04 doesn't bother me, and I'm not all that thrilled to spend an extra couple hundred bucks on a GT series turbo for .25 seconds less lag (I'm not a hardcore racer...yet).

Any ideas?

we have a perfect one to suit your application that comes factory on a ford falcon XR6 turbo

it is a garrett GT35r equivalent with a 1.06 a/r turbine housing,internally gated,T3 flange and a 0.50 a/r compressor housing

they come up here quite often as new due to guys upgrading the factory turbo for their 4.0 litre ford motors

Holset He-351cw (also known as the Hy-35 from the newer dodges 2004.5+) has a nice 60mm compressor inducer and 9cm^2 turbine housing. Trim wise and flow wise it's easily about the same as a gt35r. Flows up around 67lbs/min.

There is a slightly smaller he-341 (2003-2004) holset, it'll spool faster, but i can't be sure it'd make 450whp. If i had to guess, i'd think it'd be really close.

I'm in the same boat as you...I'm about to purchase a Reman'd Garrett T3/TO4E internal wastegate. from gpopshop....It comes with a standard Ford/Saab 5-bolt flange which can be swapped out for a V-Band...I'm seriously thinking about it...They offer a good warranty and are a reputable shop from what I found. They're price is good too.

Holset He-351cw (also known as the Hy-35 from the newer dodges 2004.5+) has a nice 60mm compressor inducer and 9cm^2 turbine housing. Trim wise and flow wise it's easily about the same as a gt35r. Flows up around 67lbs/min.

There is a slightly smaller he-341 (2003-2004) holset, it'll spool faster, but i can't be sure it'd make 450whp. If i had to guess, i'd think it'd be really close.

Has anyone strapped a holset on a RB?

not so sure you will control boost spike with an internal wastegate on a 450HP motor with a T3 turbo?

you will get much better boost control with an appropriately sized external wastegate,plus have the flexibility if you decide to up the HP later on.

Masterpower make a pretty good plain bearing turbo,not sure if they do internal gate though,should be pretty cheap as they are made south of the border