HybridZ

Just got my 280Z...

S12 buddy, it will answer your prayers and wishes. I have the s12 turbo and it's a perty sweet ride. I've been thinking about swapping my s12 r200 4.11 diff over to my S30 recently though...bad things going through my head.

The 4-banger needs that gearing to run worth two pickles.

The L6 has enough torque that you don't need it so badly.

Not to say that a Z with 4.11 gears isnt a good idea by any means!! Just saying the KA has more of a need than the L-gata.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I'll take a look.

Does anyone know the legality of getting rid of a car without proof of ownership?

You cant junk a car without proof of ownership. That way you cant steal a car, strip it and have it crushed. There are plenty of engines at picknpulls in the bay area, they run about 250 bucks. Id keep my eyes peeled on craigs list for a used engine. You may have opened a monster can of worms dude.

This will be a great way to learn about how a car works, just try to convince your parents that working on a junker car is better than smoking crack :mrgreen:

I figured so about the Z not needing the 4.11 too badly. But the s12 does need it more; they never came with the KA, but the CA and VG series engines. The s12 came with the ca20e, ca18et, and vg30e here in the U.S.

I KNEW I was getting wires crossed!! I've been looking at sentras lately and had my chassis designations all schmutzed. :bonk:(greatest smiley EVARRR!!)

Well, unless youve got the VG, my point still stands, heh. BTW I WANT one of those cars BADLY. AE86 eat yer heart out.