HybridZ

Speaker recommendation for my 240z

DAT240Z

I'm in the market for some 6 x 9 speakers for my 240z. I have been out of the car stereo game for a long time, not sure what good anymore. I was looking on crutcfield web page and saw a few speakers I'm interested in. Would you guy's look at them and give me recommendation, as I have not heard any of the play.

I listen to a wide range of music from old school Hip Hop, top 40, soft rock and reggae. My set up consist of 6-1/2 components in the front, one 12" sub in the spare tire compartment , 6 x 9 in the back I will run the 6 x9 and the 6- 1/2 of my Alipne 80 W x four amp. once I fine a good set to buy.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdComp.asp?g=52300&s=0&c=3&cc=01&compareItems=500SPR69C&compareItems=065SX95&compareItems=1086939I&compareItems=109GTO937&compareItems=136TR690TX

always been partial to Infinity Kappa 6x9s with EMItweeters. If you can set up a bo to set them at the right angle, the acoustics in the S30 are phenomenal.. I had my kappas rolling around in the back in boxes for four years and I could hear a world of difference between having them just sitting on the deck pointing forwards, and being propped up and pointing along the roofline of the car. That much would hold true for any 6x9 I guess.

meh, reference is the red-headed stepchild of the infiniti automotive speaker world. if you like references, you'll LOVE kappas... Trebles so crisp they'll make yer eardrums bleed.

You haven't LIVED until you've heard Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds at 75 volume on an eclipse deck (it goes to 100, but 50-55 is deafeningly insane..)

You haven't lived until you've heard Pink Floyd's The Wall with Diamond Audio Hex speakers with Silk Dome Tweeters powered by Kicker amp, Kicker L7 12" Sub with 1,000 watts, controlled by an Alpine with Bass Engine Pro system calibrated perfectly. :) It feels like a helicopter is hovering over the car.

• 1 month later...
meh, reference is the red-headed stepchild of the infiniti automotive speaker world

I'm a redhead....lol.

I'm running 2 Infinity Reference 3 ways in the msa box with an Infinity Reference 475A powering them and they are CRYSTAL CLEAR! Techno and rock sound wicked. Bass is lacking though...I need a sub :(

I used to be a car audio installer for a long time. Ive seen the good bad and the ugly of the car audio market. I personally have used Infinity, Polk Audio, Boston Acustic's, Fosgate, JL Audio, Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer, Clarion. Im prolly forgetting some others. However, sometimes higher priced parts doesnt always mean its the best. (my .02) It also depends on the application as well as what its being used for.

For what it's worth, I say stay away from 6x9's. Round speakers sound much better, in my experience. I've not heard a 6x9 I didn't nearly cringe at, including "nice," well-powered 6x9's.

If I decide to put speakers in the back, it'll be a custom box with probably 6.5's and an 8" sub.

I just put a system in the green '73 we have. I also filled the car with sound deadener before I put in new carpet. I had Polk 6x9 put in the rear with polk 4 (I think) up front. I also had a Kicker amp put in. Needless to say you can hear the system just fine. 2 6x9's behind your head will do that. ;)

Thanks to all that responded. I installed my stereo last Nov. went with Alpine 6 1/2 components up front Infinity 6 x 9 in the back and 12" sub in the spare tire well. I must say it turn out better than I expected. I really like it.

Thanks

Check out my pic's. in the album section

showphoto.php?photo=22447&ppuser=8188

showphoto.php?photo=22446&ppuser=8188

showphoto.php?photo=22448

showphoto.php?photo=22450&ppuser=8188

showphoto.php?photo=22451&ppuser=8188