HybridZ

My favorite sim. RBR

cygnusx1

Without a doubt I keep coming back to this classic. Richard Burns Rally simulator. Hands down the best trainer if you have a force feedback steering wheel for the PC. I think you can pick it up for under $10 these days or download it. Phenominal graphics that were ahead of their time. The physics are dead on. This is NOT a game. Set it up for full realism and you will become a better driver in real life.

You can watch the replays over beer and chips...better than the real WRC footage!

Anyone get the new need for speed? Undercover? For all you need for speed players out there it is alot like most wanted. and most wanted was one of the better ones. Ive been playing that game over the whole weekend... I'm driving a fully modded viper... but at the first of the game i bought a 370z... good car in the game but became too slow later on... The damage is pretty good on this game and when you hit a wall it affects you more than it has in the past games; you slow down when you scrape the wall much like in real life and you can enable damage on the game and it is very realistic.

NFS lost me at ProStreet.

I'm still playing the most recent Gran Turismo. With a little Ferrari Challenge on the side. :)

But, honestly...I'd rather be wrenching, researching, or doing the real thing these days.

They salted my roads this weekend after a dusting of snow. :fmad: The town employees trying to squeeze in some OT. Now the Z is in prison until the next hard rainfall. I resort to research, and video game driving.

NFS lost me at ProStreet.

I'm still playing the most recent Gran Turismo. With a little Ferrari Challenge on the side. :)

But, honestly...I'd rather be wrenching, researching, or doing the real thing these days.

This game is better than pro street. You are literally driving THE WHOLE TIME in the game. There IS NO main menu. You have to accually drive to different parts of the town to find races and shops. You can do more driver "stunts" like hit reverse and turn left or right and it will spin the car to point in the opposite direction. The damage although it doesnt affect your cars performance is pretty realistic. To mod your car/view your garage you have to go to a shop. They have alot of movies in this game between races. Much like most wanted, only better graphics and a bit longer. The game starts out with opening credits and you being chased. The one thing I dont like and never have liked about the newer need for speeds is the upgrades are very vague. Like you can buy a "street" force induction setup and a "street" drivetrain setup or a "pro" nitrous setup. I think they should have more descriptive upgrades and a bigger list involving brands. Kind of like the old nitto game. Cops are brought back by the way, with all the challenges from most wanted like "cop takeout", and "cost to state".

So in the end

Graphics

9/10

Small room for improvement on car damage

Story line

9/10

A bit slow starting out, You have to race like 10 times before the plot starts picking up.

Realism in Driving

9/10

Very realistic if you ask me. This game allows you to do burnouts, reverse burnouts, donuts, you can "crash"the opponents cars like in the first need for speeds(unlike the most recent games where if you nudge and opponent car on the rear corner it doesnt budge)

Overall

9/10

I'd have to say Im glad I got the game, If your not into racing/driving constantly, DONT GET IT.

• Administrators

The RBR looks pretty good Dave.

A few years back, When the Dream Cast came out I got hooked on F-355 Ferrari challenge. Haven’t played it in a couple years, kids still play Ready2Rumble on the Dreamcast once in while. The Suzuka Short course is very much like an Autocross course with a little more speed, spent way too much time driving that course. The physics engine of the DreamCast version felt very real, truly enjoyed it. Limited to just the F-355 car, does allow some minor chassis tuning such as limited adjustments of the sway bar, springs, wing and LSD effectiveness.

Found this clip of the Suzuka short course on YouTube.