HybridZ

Datsun Parts Vendor Feedback

2fast2Z

wWhat the hell? a blatant SPAM post? I really hope you didn't intentionally link to that make-a-million-dollars-on-the-internets crap.

I'm not sure what's your problem, but that was a very informative thread he linked to. Maybe it's better for you not to read it and then get scammed $18k also :rolleyesg

No, when i clicked that link (both that time, and this time) it took me to the following link:

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/iclk?sa=l&ai=BjtIV_Wc7SbGOIJGQnAbBnpHMArOwvXiZyoDfB__Rup0TgJciEAEYASDAwZAJOABQ-dnFrvj_____AWDJvtKI_KOEF7IBEmZvcnVtcy5oeWJyaWR6Lm9yZ7oBCTcyOHg5MF9hc8gBA9oBMWh0dHA6Ly9mb3J1bXMuaHlicmlkei5vcmcvc2hvd3RocmVhZC5waHA_cD05NjA1MjngAQOAAgHAAgGoAwHIAwXoA1noA9cG6APnBfUDAAEABJgEAA&num=1&adurl=http://www.WealthyWiseguy.com&client=ca-pub-3543793485173468&nm=2

Now, tell me that's not spam. I don't know if i got clickbombed or what, but every time i open his link, i get that advert. (which is on our forum, by the way.)

Anyway, I do know the Al you are speaking of...got ripped off by him in the past. It's a shame, what he does.

I have seen Datsun parts advertising every since I started restoring my car back in the summer of this year. Since reading this thread I have heard many guys saying to avoid buying from him and lots complaining of getting ripped off.

How can he have sold 4360 items with feedback rating of 99.5% ?? Is E-bay that easy to manipulate? Or are people who are getting ripped not posting bad feedback?

If he is doing this many people wrong, I hate to see him get away with it.

People open the box and see the parts are shiny and leave feedback.. probably never install it or try it. Thats why alot of the chinese turbo dealers have good feedback.

You pretty much nailed it. Al sells to buyers who have no idea what a NOS/OEM part should look like. He counts on them seeing pretty and leaving feedback before they know better...more often than not they do!

If everyone knew that most NOS parts came in only raw unpolished aluminum, a golden cadmium plate, or black alkilyd paint, and that Powdercoating was never a factory finish on early Z cars, Als creative advertising would be exposed to more than the experienced Z nuts. The time to find out your parts finish is neither OEM nor NOS is not in the judging of a car show-after you already left good feedback!

The Better Business Bureau Rates Al Allen JR BDA DatsunParts AKA Datsun-Parts on ebay a "D"

as in take caution when dealing with him.

If you want to see ALs version of an award winning restoration-have a look here!

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3526

More pictures will be added as I get the car apart and find more of Als handiwork-or lack thereof.

Will

.005% of 4360 is 22 people... make those 22 people mad enough to be instantaneously mortified, and they tell a dozen people each, and you have over 250 people who know how bad you are.

How many members do we even HAVE here? 10,000?? If so, then 250 is 2.5 % of the members here.

Statistics are EASY to manipulate.

And I know that I have seen as many people say that they have left positive feedback, and regretted it, as I have seen actual complaints.

make those 22 people mad enough to be instantaneously mortified,...

And I know that I have seen as many people say that they have left positive feedback, and regretted it, as I have seen actual complaints.

The worst part is Al wrote the ad. Al put the car in the shape it was delivered in, and Al claims no responsibility for any of it...He wrote the ad for the car stating that he made it an award winning restoration, but takes no credit for the wording of the ad, nor how car came out...now that should tell everyone about the PRIDE he takes in his work.

Read the ClassicZcars thread, Look at the pictures and deside for yourself if what AL did was acceptable. His local Better Business Bureau, several of his past buyers, and more of those who left good feedback before realizing what they got was not what they paid for don't think so.

Will+

Will

He's the one that sold me a "V07" crank back in 2005 while I was in Iraq gathering parts for my build. Got home and the crank looked funny to me so I checked it out. The part number (where it would normally say V07) was "worn" down and not readable. I found another part number on the crank I was able to reference online and took measurements just to be sure. He sent me a fine example of a standard L28 crank that needed to be reworked if I was ever going to use it. After realizing what happened I got his contact information and called him about it. He claimed someone else sold him the crank and he never used it or bothered to check it out before selling it on eBay and that it wasn't his fault. Of course I had no recourse because by the time I returned from Iraq the auction was long since deleted and the transaction records were archived by both Paypal and eBay. I hate scammers...

I dont find it wise to spend 5 digit amounts on a car youve never seen. 100% + feedback or not. Just isnt smart.

I agree 100%. If you have the money to buy a car in that supposed caliber, why not fly out there and check it out? Even if it cost $1000 to get there and back, it would be much cheaper than any attorneys fees.

The car may not be show quality, but it is in very nice condition looking through all the pics.

The worst part is Al wrote the ad. Al put the car in the shape it was delivered in, and Al claims no responsibility for any of it...He wrote the ad for the car stating that he made it an award winning restoration, but takes no credit for the wording of the ad, nor how car came out...now that should tell everyone about the PRIDE he takes in his work.

Read the ClassicZcars thread, Look at the pictures and deside for yourself if what AL did was acceptable. His local Better Business Bureau, several of his past buyers, and more of those who left good feedback before realizing what they got was not what they paid for don't think so.

Will+

Will

I don't think you understood my point.. my point is that

A: it REALLY doesnt take alot of people INSTANTLY pissed to show that you are a worthless vendor

and

B: More people have had negative dealings with him than have reported such via his ebay feedback..

In other words, 22 people have left negative feedback.. I havent seen ALL of those people discuss this guy, but I know that I have seen more people say "I WISH I hadn't left positive feedback," then I have seen people say, "I left negative feedback." Like Naviathan above. So just from this thread, that is now 23 people instead of 22, and 4347 "opsitive" experiences rather than 4348.

While I must admit that I would LOVE to be worried about these "tiny details" that the buyer is concerned about (tongue in cheek, my car is a POS) I am fully on the buyer's side here. If *I* had paid ~20K for a '70 240Z I would want it to be in better shape, and more closely match the posted description, as well...

Daeron,

I got both of your points completely, I just wanted to re-inforce and explain them.

JSM,

The car may not be show quality, but it is in very nice condition looking through all the pics.

You must have looked at some other pictures...crap under the paint at every weatherstrip, two obvious repairs to the hood, bent up fornt cowl, un-touched dents in both door openings, and the hood, incomplete painting-some parts had clear coat, some didn't, in touched holes in the engine compartment, a seriously mismounted headlight cover, front bumper incorrectly attatched(and scratching the paint at every bump in the road). It is better condition than the average 240Z that has anaccumulation of 30-something years of dirt on the floor portion of its transmission hump upholstery(as this car stil does), no brakes, no lights, and some untouched bodywork, but relative to a Show worthy restoration entered in the Stock class at a ZCCA car show, it is worse off than a similar car entered in the Driver class at the same show. The car has obviously had some work done to it, some of it well done, most of finished in a hurry and improperly.

The car is at best 30 foot refresh, read the thread, no brakes, no suspension, no lights...if this is your idea of very nice condition, boy have I have got a deal for you!

Will