HybridZ

My first turbo manifold. what do you think>

janaka

I have NEVER welded (well, never say never, but I haven't done much) before and I would be embarrassed by that. I can't believe that people not only build this stuff, but are proud enough of their work to actually post it. No wonder people hate the modified small car people. It is almost as bad as the guy that used fence posts to create his manifold.

I have NEVER welded (well, never say never, but I haven't done much) before and I would be embarrassed by that. I can't believe that people not only build this stuff, but are proud enough of their work to actually post it. No wonder people hate the modified small car people. It is almost as bad as the guy that used fence posts to create his manifold.

It looks like a low budget project, I have no issues with ugly parts on cheap projects as long as they work. In fact, I'm more impressed by the guy with a fast car built out of scraps than the guy who has 50k into his.

It looks like a low budget project, I have no issues with ugly parts on cheap projects as long as they work. In fact, I'm more impressed by the guy with a fast car built out of scraps than the guy who has 50k into his.

I'm sorry, am I missing something? This was a joke wasn't it Janaka?

gee, id wanna hope its a joke.

this is my first attempt at a turbo manifold.

to suit a holden gemini, Or chevette to you yanks.

the flange was way too thin, so it warped like nothing else.

turbomanifold6fg6.jpg

to anyone wanting to build a manifold, use steam pipe bends, they will support the weight of a turbo, and they wont crack like thin pipe will.

also, when your welding your runners on, bolt the flange to a spare head, to stop it from warping.

also, allow it to cool completely before joining any runners together, again, to prevent warping.

you can even use a stick welder when your using thick pipe like that.

i build much better stuff now.

URL%5D

As much as I hate to admit it, my welds looks very similar and that's why I'm usually nice to Roddy at Speed Design Inc. No one really likes him, but he can weld. Perhaps some of that new "fire proof" bondo could be used to smooth out the welds before painting it!