HybridZ

Harness Swap Now Nothing

I am to tired to really write up whats wrong but i will say that i have no power to any of the main things in the z. All i have working is the horn, and hazards. There are 2 blocks on the fuse box that have power thats it.

Anyone know what it could be. I did switch dash harness but i made sure everything was the same. Im going out tomorrow with my test light again and going through all the hot wires until i find a break somewhere.

Video: no i didnt feel like talking..srry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gMxvzdwQso

Lose the test light. Get a good (or cheap) digital multimeter. Check Harbor Freight, 6$ will set you up.

Not all of your fuseable links may be working, check for power at the ignition switch and fuse box. When nothing works, it should be easy to track down, as it'll be in a main line. Why did you swap dash harnesses if everything is the same as before?

-Eric

This is the 73 240. Forgot to say not the fairlady. I forget i have 2 z's.

I should have posted yesterday but i was doing everything i could before i got tired. I found out what it was and i get power only when i put a jumper wire on the volt guage. I have to connect the large solid white wire and the large red/white stripped wire. Then everything works. The honda wiper motor runs in reverse but i think i mounted it the wrong way, [not sure] or i have a wire going to the wrong way. Im going to go work on that right now. i will try and post another video of what im talking about.

I almost set the set on fire.. I dont want to talk about that. But this the only way i get power to anything. I dont know if i can run it like this so im not going to make it a permanent.

100_0255.jpg