HybridZ

JDM RHD FAIRLADY Z's

Of all places, Saginaw Michigan...

I am having issues with quick loading of the photos, so I can't look at them closely. But that's a short hop from Pittsburgh. Less than 4 hours drive...

I've seen less sell for more. Bad time and the wrong part of the country to try and get $3500 for that car.

Lots of missing correct items.

$1000, 1500 maybe. I could buy it for that and park it in the garage of the cabin up north... hammmmmm....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest grif260z

I own a 1972 and I need a wiring harness for the engine side email me at d_lauhoff@hotmail.com the 2.0 liter blew a hole in no. 6 cylinder and i'm putting a l24 out of my 1972 LHD just to drive for now until my L28 is finished. But all of you RHD parts owners give me a shout us K.C. kids don't have acess to anything RHD.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a guy in San Diego trying to sell a red 72-73, it has some problems and his asking price was like $3500. It was on ebay and Craig's List San Diego. My buddy is taking me to look at his uncle's 74 Fairlady in National City CA next week. It has been in the garage for the last 20 years so I am not sure of what I might see. I might offer to buy it. I got a friend in Japan who wants me to build a twin turbo L28 for him and it will only work in a Fairlady.

I bought the entire wiring harness, dash, steering gear including switches, rack assembly, and a ton of other stuff off an E-Bay auction from some guy selling it all for a $9.99 sale minimum ad. I e-mailed him directly for questions on what exactly he had, and that I was interested in buying some major parts from the car. But he would only list them as a $9.99 sdtarting bid price. So I got my spare rack for 9.99, my spare RHD switch assembly (along with steering wheel and specail center button) for 9.99, the RACK for 9.99, and the killer of all deals a cracked but complete with all instruments DASHBOARD ASSEMBLY for 9.99.

I would have given him a starting offer of $150 for the steering gear alone, but he insisted on posting auctions and not elevated-price 'buy it now'...sometimes it's either greed or stupidity, but it infects sellers and they do stoopid things. I was willing to pay a LOT more for what I got, but NOBODY was bidding on it.

Sad thing is the guy likely had other parts that were RHD particular that I could have put into the hoard if he'd only have sent me photos or allowed me to give him a 'wish list'.

I mean, I got the RHD Heater and Blower assy for 9.99! WOO HOO!

Pedal Assembly, 9.99....

It was funny and bloody all at the same time! The carnage was spectacular! Muahahahaha...

And that guy was out of IDAHO!

Wow when did it happen? I might have to keep looking even more.

I bought the entire wiring harness, dash, steering gear including switches, rack assembly, and a ton of other stuff off an E-Bay auction from some guy selling it all for a $9.99 sale minimum ad. I e-mailed him directly for questions on what exactly he had, and that I was interested in buying some major parts from the car. But he would only list them as a $9.99 sdtarting bid price. So I got my spare rack for 9.99, my spare RHD switch assembly (along with steering wheel and specail center button) for 9.99, the RACK for 9.99, and the killer of all deals a cracked but complete with all instruments DASHBOARD ASSEMBLY for 9.99.

I would have given him a starting offer of $150 for the steering gear alone, but he insisted on posting auctions and not elevated-price 'buy it now'...sometimes it's either greed or stupidity, but it infects sellers and they do stoopid things. I was willing to pay a LOT more for what I got, but NOBODY was bidding on it.

Sad thing is the guy likely had other parts that were RHD particular that I could have put into the hoard if he'd only have sent me photos or allowed me to give him a 'wish list'.

I mean, I got the RHD Heater and Blower assy for 9.99! WOO HOO!

Pedal Assembly, 9.99....

It was funny and bloody all at the same time! The carnage was spectacular! Muahahahaha...

And that guy was out of IDAHO!

• 1 month later...
did nissan ever make a rhd "2 seater" 280zx fairlady? ive seen pleenty of 4 seater zx's but no 2 seaters . y is that?

To answer your question, is YES. I own one :D Take a look below.

th_IMG_1721.jpg th_IMG_1723.jpg th_IMG_1724.jpg

th_IMG_1727.jpg th_IMG_1728.jpg th_IMG_1729.jpg

Edited by ben280zx
More pictures

• 1 year later...

I am having issues with quick loading of the photos, so I can't look at them closely. But that's a short hop from Pittsburgh. Less than 4 hours drive...

I've seen less sell for more. Bad time and the wrong part of the country to try and get $3500 for that car.

Lots of missing correct items.

Hey! Waitaminit, aren't you the guy asking if we shouldn't lighten up a bit? It could have been a Homer-Doh click of the post button, and now in a panic he's lost control and is running around the room flailing because the exit post button doesn't immediately appear to be present to log back on and complete the thought.

Or it could simply be a post-hit generation ploy to get to the magic number for classifieds...and he realizes now these posts in this forum don't count for that total so the gnashing of teeth is happening.

I was once told I "was a very bad man!"

aaroncookcom_babu_bhatt_seinfeld.jpg

Hey! Waitaminit, aren't you the guy asking if we shouldn't lighten up a bit?

Ha, yes, I see zero reason to tolerate ignorance. Simply not looking at the date of a post before making a stupid response bumping a year plus old thread. :lol:

He took the time to use the shift key and make his response legible. He also seems to have found the search button, because hell, how would he find a year old thread? Then again, by the random first post, I would like to think Google found it for him.