HybridZ

Threaded holes in interior

PalmettoZ

I have the panels off on the interior of my car that normally go right behing the seats on the side of the car. These are the ones that are basically between the door latch and the wheel well hump. I have noticed that there are 4 holes in a rectangle pattern (about 4" x 2") on both sides of the car that have threaded nuts behind them that are about 8 or 10mm pitch.

I also have threaded holes in the channel piece on the roof (the one that contains the overhead light going side to side). There never was anything in them when I bought the car, and I don't know what they could be used for. Does anyone have any knowledge on what these might be? It almost looks like you could mount some kind of internal bracing from the factory.

Thanks-

I believe the holes behind the seats are for a bolt in harness bar, dunno about the ones up top.

I have been searching for over an hour now, and found one thread that discusses this just now. It is for a bolt in support bar for racing or rally cars that used to be available ? Has anyone ever seen one of these pieces or know where to get one ? Thanks

I have been searching for over an hour now, and found one thread that discusses this just now. It is for a bolt in support bar for racing or rally cars that used to be available ? Has anyone ever seen one of these pieces or know where to get one ? Thanks
No one makes one that I know of, but member MONZTER (I believe) made his own. Should be in his photo gallery on here if you want to go check it out.