HybridZ

Nice fender Mirrors (similar to the Fairlady's)

dan5138

Ive recently became interested in putting fender mirrors on my S30. Did some searching around on HybridZ and mostly seen links to those pricey MSA ones (they're kinda ugly imo). Looked at some pics of other JDM cars of the same vintage... and viola found a set for a Celica. Anyway here is a link to a guy who sells them with some pics http://www.toyheadauto.com/Japan_Spec__Fender_Mounted_Side_View_Mirrors.html

Hes selling them for $180 a pair + shipping, might be able to find these elsewhere even cheaper.

These will look nice on my '76 280 especially since the silver will go with my dark blue / silver accent paint scheme.:-D

^^^ Agreed, there is the original then there is, well every thing else.

I looked at those Toyota mirrors too then decided to hold off until I could get what I really wanted, JDM Nissan, new in the box fender mirrors. Finally got them.

Just like my Gnose, it took me for ever to get the damn thing from Japan, but I finally got it. G nose head light covers, again searched them out, found them new in the box. Luckliy they were stateside.

So what would be the correct part number for a Fairlady if you happen to know? I think every body has the same ones, can we get a pic of your mirrors to see the correct ones that car on a Fairlady originally?

Part numbers:

*96301-E4100 ASS'Y-BACK MIRROR, outside ( R.H. )

*96302-E4100 ASS'Y-BACK MIRROR, outside ( L.H. )

( Fairlady Z, Z-L, Z432 & Z432R, , October 1969 thru November 1973, Fairlady 240Z, 240Z-L, September 1971 thru November 1973 ).

*Fairlady 240ZG 'HS30-H' models used the same part numbers, but the mirrors were given a specific colour notation in the parts lists.

RYY-HC-01_thumb.jpg

E4100 mirror exp-1_thumb.jpg

The JDM Nissan ones are pretty slick looking too, anything beats the $30 crome mirror I bought from MSA. It's already started to rust... and Cali has pretty mild winters.:icon_frow Ill probably buy a set of the Celica ones once I get paid, and take some pics with them mounted up.

I have several pairs left if anyone interest. They are the same one pictured in ArnZ's post. I got them from my last trip to Japan.

V.

how much are you asking?

Iv been looking for a set of fender mirrors that are similar to the black fairlady ones, i see them on ebay but i cant justify dropping ~$300 on mirrors :icon56:

anyone have pics of OP's toyota mirrors on a Z?

You need to forget about rear view mirrors and put the cash into more speed. Then you'll have no need to see behind you at all.:mrgreen:

lol I just off loaded my entire end of the year bonus check on MSA and Summit to get all my parts to finish the L28et :flamedevi

lol I just off loaded my entire end of the year bonus check on MSA and Summit to get all my parts to finish the L28et :flamedevi

Congrats!! So... you have "everything you need", do you??? LOL, oh man that's rich!! Hah, hah, hah.... (big belly laugh). The joke's on you, my friend, because you'll NEVER have "everything you need" for your Z!!:flamedevi

You need to forget about rear view mirrors and put the cash into more speed. Then you'll have no need to see behind you at all.:mrgreen:

You forget what crowd you're addressing. As fast as you think you may be, there is ALWAYS someone faster. And you need to yield right to let them pass! (Or left, in Alan's case!)

You forget what crowd you're addressing. As fast as you think you may be, there is ALWAYS someone faster. And you need to yield right to let them pass! (Or left, in Alan's case!)

Yeah, I know. BTW, my Z is up on stands right now which is as slow as it could possibly be, LOL!!