HybridZ

Vq 240z Videos

240hoke

Hey Guys,

I just finished another short video of the car. We don't get much traffic over in the v6 section so I thought I would post here. I hit the rev limiter twice; this thing rows through the gears ridiculously fast especially when the tires start spinning. Im thinking about dropping the rear end down to a 3.54 or 3.36 from the 3.7.

Older Videos:

VQ Startup and Rev

VQ Drive By

Very nice Austin. This swap is looking more and more appealing. Also have you changed your muffler yet? I know what you mean about it being nice having a quiet car. Mine used to be so loud with just a glass pack after the turbo. I even had earplugs in the car. Then i went with a dynomax muffler that is an offset one and its so nice cruising down the highway.

Thanks guys,

I talked with borla about the exhaust. I was initially going to change out the rear muffler AND add a resonator in the transmission tunnel. They checked out my website, exhaust and videos. In their opinion changing the rear muffler was pointless and they didnt think it would drop the sound much sugggesting suggest that I only add a resonator...

So I got another XR-1, the smallest one they make which is 5" round and 15 inches long. Im going to install it next time I work on the car hopefully it will knock out the drone and cut the sound level down a notch.

DSC_0058_Medium.jpg

The resonator should really help alot. I have one ahead of my Magnaflow, and it is really pretty quiet until I get on it . I drove a couple of 8 hour stints on a road trip last summer and the pipes were drowned out by the whining of the rear end. Hoping to get the RE back in by this week end with new R&P, bearings, and seals.

Mike

I think Youl be happy with a 3.54 rear end. It won't be as much fun as the 3.7 but youl be able to whale on the gears a little longer. You own a 350Z so you know what a 3.54 rear end feels like with a VQ so just imagine it with smaller diameter wheels and 1000 lbs lighter.

Anyway, sounds good dude! IDK if you noticed but the non-revup engines sound much more throatier. I think my exhaust note sounds droney compared to yours.

Yea thats what I was thinking on the gearing. 3.70's arent bad but I think the power would be much more usable with lower gears. I think the gears are even a little short in the 350z thats why I was considering 3.36 especially if i boost it on down the road.

Yea thats what I was thinking on the gearing. 3.70's arent bad but I think the power would be much more usable with lower gears. I think the gears are even a little short in the 350z thats why I was considering 3.36 especially if i boost it on down the road.

How about a 3.15 LSD? I've got one I MIGHT be wanting to get rid of before long. :)