HybridZ

Rear Fiberglass taillight panel

jgautosport

Me too. When I found it by searching their site was still up but nobody answered emails. A few weeks later it was posted here they were out of business. SO I made my own using a solid sheet of 1/8" fiberglass and some home made bezels to house 85 Corvette tail lights.

exhaust1.jpg

If I could weld I think it might have been easier to do in metal, LOL.

If the guy would sell the lot at about a third of his buy-it-now price I would consider buying it to resell in smaller lots... after I make the parts I want, of course!!

It's a shame this didn't work out for him.

No. After I removed the old tail lights I cut and beat back the area where the license plate sits to make it flat all the way across the back. I had to cut some sheet metal out to make room for the Corvette lights. I added a brace to help support the top of the opening, see pict. I glassed in some bolts to run though the body so I could bolt the whole thing in. I used poly caulk around the edges to seal it up.

Here's a short write up of the process.

http://www.dejavideo.net/280z8/corvette-tail-lights.doc

tailight-brace.jpg

Deja... did you use a heat gun to shape the fiberglass?

I found this on the fiberglass molds off the ebay page. (zfiberglass.com). Wondering if anybody knows where to get one or if they are still being made by someone else.

I've gone one of these. Too bad it already on my 260Z convertible. I think it was originally made by Arizona Z Car.

Guest 280ZForce

Yes, AZC originally made this part waaaay back in the day. Then the molds sat in storage for like 3-4 years before ZFiberglass.com took em over couple years ago or so and now I'm getting them.