HybridZ

my rb20 swap

dizzle

Well after a year and a half I am getting somthing done it feels like.

Just scrapped the mega squirt project, and bought an SDS, seems to be a much easier choice.

Rb20det

custom 6 into 1 exhaust man

t3/t4 .60 ar turbo

precision intercooler

custom fuel rail

DSM 450cc inj

custom intake manifold

3" downpipe (and exhaust coming soon)

SDS stand alone (in the works)

Painless wiring harness

VW corrado (factory recaro) seats

working on the black leather interior with grey alcantara suede

pics let me know what you think/ suggestions

old wiring harness

IMG_0034.jpg

painless

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

new redone door cards and side panels

IMG_0037.jpg

corrado seats

IMG_0038.jpg

rb first dropped in

myz-1.jpg

some manifold build pics

manifoldbase2.jpg

old junk one some guy made for me (yuck)

zmanifoldold-2.jpg

nice shiny CF

manifold1.jpg

most current pic of the engine

IMG_0040.jpg

rb2.jpg

Trying to have a nice streetable 280-320 HP...

I am a little questioning of the intercooler now, any thoughts...

some plumbing coming soon, NEED to be back on the road when the snow melts

Wow, thats a nice looking setup. I just missed a pair of those seats :(

The corrado seats are great, but they were a total bitch to get in there. I had to strip the seat of all the factory mechanisms, and weld on the old seat brackets. then the seat was too tall in the car so I had to cut the factory datsun brackets out and drop the seat down.

the cutting of the corrado seats was the worst of it...

Very cool. Did you use OEM sensors or did the SDS setup come with the sensors you needed? Sorry for all the questions. I just picked up a large lot of mostly RB parts that included an RB20 longblock but no harness. I'm trying to get a feel for what I would be getting myself into if I were to try to go the painless route.

the sds uses all of its own sensors (they might be GM???). It seems really easy to install. It will allow you to drop the MAF and the CAS. And you don't need a laptop. I had a megasquirt and it seemed like it would work, but not very well with the RB.

• 3 weeks later...

update:

Got my SDS EM-4f last week and got most of it done. I was not able to retain that Coil on Plug ignition set-up unfortunatly. But once I got the GM coil pack in and wired, It actually looks kind of BA. Car is getting dropped off for intercooler piping and exhaust made on Tues. I will post up some pics soon.

Anyone here running SDS on a RB??

It would be sweet to get a base map and get this thing started in a couple weeks!!!

looks good man, i love your intake that is soo killer. I got an rb20 in my sonoma and i am looking for a manifold that will work with what i have, do you still have the old ugly one? If not are u interested in making another cf one and if so how much? I am planning on running a ms2 on my rb20 i'm gonna mod the cas like i did with the haltech to keep the cas and make it simple to hook it up.

looks good man, i love your intake that is soo killer. I got an rb20 in my sonoma and i am looking for a manifold that will work with what i have, do you still have the old ugly one? If not are u interested in making another cf one and if so how much? I am planning on running a ms2 on my rb20 i'm gonna mod the cas like i did with the haltech to keep the cas and make it simple to hook it up.

I was going to run MS on mine, I had it wired in already actually. But I reallY did not like the EDIS driven ignition and crank trigger. And I did not care for the idea of the open source code. I just wanted a system that was easy to tune and installed only the way it was meant to be. Rather than jumping wires across circut boards and stuff. I am just lazy i guess, and the megasquirt was a little too involved.

Oh, and kudos to you on that swap, I read your thread and it was killer!!

The intake was a BITCH!! I have about 5 hours of cutting and shaping that damn thing. I have some more detailed info on it on nicoclub.com if you search. But I do love that thing, everyone thinks that it is just latinated over alumminum but it is solid CF (the shell anyway). If you want to make one I can help you out and you can benifit from my mistakes. you obviously have the fab experience, and it really won't be too bad. There are just a few tricks to it.

Let me know

• 2 weeks later...