HybridZ

I actually want a Hyundai!!

srbigbutt

Yeah I never thought i'd say it either but it's one Hyundai that's caught my eye. Girlfriend needs a replacement soon, might be a good excuse to pick one up. :D

The ONLY thing i'm not crazy about on this car's styling (but doesn't ruin the car for me) is the little dip on the quarter glass just behind the door.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I'd like to see a 2.4L swap out a SRT-4 Caliber....

Wrong layout. You would have to convert the laterally mounted engine into a longitudinally mounted engine. It can be done, but it would be like converting a SR20DE out of a infinity G20 (fwd) into rwd. More work than what its worth IMO.

Its still a 4b11 the crank will drop in. The world motor (4b11) comes in a handfull of displacments 1.6, 1.8, 2.0, and 2.4 but only the turbo motors have piston oilers, friction coatings, forged internals, dual MIVEC(Mitsu) or CVVT(Hyundai), Different heads and coolant layouts along with other minor differences.

Looks like the Altima Coupe to me and not so much a Z.

I personally think Hyundais are junk. They are just as busy as the VW/Audi guys at our dealership. Seems like there is always a motor out of something in the Hyundai shop. Just what I see though I guess. I wouldn't even think about comparing it to a BMW or Lexus. Just my opinion though!

Guy

Looks like the Altima Coupe to me and not so much a Z.

I personally think Hyundais are junk. They are just as busy as the VW/Audi guys at our dealership. Seems like there is always a motor out of something in the Hyundai shop. Just what I see though I guess. I wouldn't even think about comparing it to a BMW or Lexus. Just my opinion though!

Guy

Ah~ the stigma of making cheap cars still remain :P.

Probably still applies to the coupe :P. We won't know until the 2010 version comes out :P.

I think hyundai has come a long way from crappy econo boxes :P. Motortrend ranked the sadan as one of their top cars of the year award. That has to say something :P

Guy

I wonder if hte same thing was said about Z cars by Mustang owners...

I think Hyundai is going to sell a TON of these things. They basically have the market to themselves. The US has been needing a RWD coupe in the $20-$30k range for a long time now. The turbo 4 cylinder will be the hot ticket I believe, I'm just afraid they'll be EVERYWHERE due to parents buying them for their kids. It might turn into the new SRT-4, lol.

As far as reliability is concerned, if it comes with the 10yr/100k warranty then I wouldn't be worried about it. The biggest concern will probably be what mods will void the warranty.

Motortrend ranked the sadan as one of their top cars of the year award. That has to say something :P

getting ranked as a top car doesn't always mean it is a great car, Car and Drivers example:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/best_worst_lists/dishonorable_mention_the_10_most_embarrassing_award_winners_in_automotive_history_feature