HybridZ

JCI Header - Are these right?

Ok, so I just received my JCI headers.... not what I was hoping for, but maybe they are alright. What do you think, I've never really looked that closely at other headers? I am questioning two things,

1) the bend on the main tube, looks like Midas did it...

2) the bead of weld inside the flange restricts the header primarys ID to 1.410" and the exhaust ports on the engine are 1.540".

What am I missing here? Are these OK or should I return them (if I can) and go with JTR headers, are JTR headers that much better?

DSC02902_thumb.JPG

DSC02905_thumb.JPG

DSC02906_thumb.JPG

DSC02909_thumb.JPG

Ok, so I just received my JCI headers.... not what I was hoping for, but maybe they are alright. What do you think, I've never really looked that closely at other headers? I am questioning two things,

1) the bend on the main tube, looks like Midas did it...

2) the bead of weld inside the flange restricts the header primarys ID to 1.410" and the exhaust ports on the engine are 1.540".

What am I missing here? Are these OK or should I return them (if I can) and go with JTR headers, are JTR headers that much better?

those look terrible....return them and get JTR ones. i got the ceramic coated ones and they're super nice compared to those....sorry JCI. MY 2 CENT

Update,

I contacted John and he has given me a UPS account to send the headers back, he has been great to deal with. I'm not sure that he knew the quality of the headers, as they were dropped shipped form the manufacturer, who is slickfit - never heard of them... Anyways John's other parts that I received were great, and so far he has very fair.

-Colin