HybridZ

Should I buy this 1971 240z?

Should I buy this car? The owner says it has very little rust with only 70k miles on it. He's willing to let it go for 2.2k. Car runs but I will be doing a ls1 swap anyways. It's a 3hr drive away and I will be checking it out sometime soon. The only bad thing I see is they destroyed the rear end with different horrbile looking lights and a hack job of a rear bumper shave. Owner says the rear was fiberglassed. What do you guys think? Buy or wait for a cleaner car? Thanks in advance.

240zrearvf5.png

240zfrontto7.png

240zsteeringou1.png

240zoutqt9.png

I think this is the same car that was for sale maybe 2 months ago for $1000. For 2.2k you are going the least amount of rust as possible or you can afford. We need better pics to help you buy this car: Floors, hatch, rails, spare tire, about the tail lights, battery bix, dog legs and roof. Are you looking for a complete car or a roller?

I think this is the same car that was for sale maybe 2 months ago for $1000. For 2.2k you are going the least amount of rust as possible or you can afford. We need better pics to help you buy this car: Floors, hatch, rails, spare tire, about the tail lights, battery bix, dog legs and roof. Are you looking for a complete car or a roller?

Yeah seems he only has a camera phone. Im looking for either or. The car will be stripped and repainted. A roll cage will be added along with an ls1/t56 combo.

You did - VinhZXT showed me the car a while ago, I passed on it for a few reasons, the body work being one, money being the other.

If you can verify that it has little/no rust, and you don't mind the body work, I think you should consider buying it, price pending.

My 2 cents, keep looking. I bought my Z for $750 with a blown engine and hardly any rust. There are some good deals to be had out there!

I had the same intent as you when looking (deconstruct, strip, engine transplant etc), so it doesn't make sense (to me) to pay $2k for a car that you are planning to tear down anyway.

As everyone stated, rust is the important issue so pics of those trouble spots would be a decision maker...

and sheesh...that back end looks bad.

Someone actually bid on it. He didnt even put up a picture of the rear lol. I'm just pissed that I wasted almost 5 hours from my Saturday to go look at this car.

My 2 cents, keep looking. I bought my Z for $750 with a blown engine and hardly any rust. There are some good deals to be had out there!

I had the same intent as you when looking (deconstruct, strip, engine transplant etc), so it doesn't make sense (to me) to pay $2k for a car that you are planning to tear down anyway.

As everyone stated, rust is the important issue so pics of those trouble spots would be a decision maker...

and sheesh...that back end looks bad.

Yeah just so hard to find one in the east coast. If you come across one in TX lmk and Ill hook you up with a couple hundred bucks to check it out and help me ship it lol.

Why are you selling yours? LMK Ill pick it up asap! lol

I am moving it all over to a clean 71 car I bought. The 73 car will become a rolling shell that was already set up for the v8. How far are you from zip 10956? I am going to sell the shell prob within the next month...it is not perfect but much cleaner than cars you are going to find around here. pm me if you want more info. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=142848

WOW even if it has half the rust you said the bid on it is up to 1200 and the reserve still is not met...... this guy thinks he can get big bucks for a pile of junk!!

i got my 1971 240 for 750$ it hardly has any rust, great interior and it runs!!!

keep looking.

P.S.

its a sketchy buy if the only pics are from a phone!

I am moving it all over to a clean 71 car I bought. The 73 car will become a rolling shell that was already set up for the v8. How far are you from zip 10956? I am going to sell the shell prob within the next month...it is not perfect but much cleaner than cars you are going to find around here. pm me if you want more info. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=142848

I'm 40 mins away. Going to go check out two in Philly next weekend so Ill keep u posted.

hey man i found this Z in Richmond VA havnt seen it in person but if your looking for just a roller it looks ok.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/1022590923.html

Thanks. Ill call and ask for pics. Every person I call selling a 240z fro some reason is too busy to take pictures of what I ask for. I'm like wtf if your selling the car least you can do is take better pictures...