HybridZ

Northwest Arkansas Ice Storm Pictures

FlatBlack

• 11 months later...

But this time my S30 was safe from the elements :icon6:

Thursday night brought a nice rain/sleet bottom ice layer, then after about 2AM started snowing, and kept snowing until last night around midnight.

The Z31 is still stuck, I wouldn't dream of driving it or the S30 in this stuff. Summer tires and open diffs :/

My roommate has an AWD Impreza 2.2, it has been the shuttle for all of my friends with RWD cars that can't go anywhere. We had some fun with it yesterday in the snow, I got to drive it in a empty parking lot and maaan AWD is just great. I'm thinking about getting a WRX or some other Subaru instead of a truck this summer :D

DSC03334.jpg

DSC03335.jpg

DSC03339.jpg

DSC03340.jpg

DSC03355.jpg

DSC03356.jpg

DSC03358.jpg

DSC03361.jpg

DSC03365.jpg

DSC03362.jpg

If you live in a snow area aren't the houses supposed to have steep roofs so the snow can slide down? Anyway, pleased to see the S30 safe and warm this time, may have to report the Z31 abuse though :)

"Snow area" is a bit vague... Baton Rouge, Louisiana [in the most southern part of the states] got about 3 inches last year :P

It really doesn't snow much here, maybe once or twice a year.

I felt bad for my poor Z31 but I had to get home some way! I'm just glad all the seals are like brand new.

Thrustnut - No more global warming please, I want some global cooling so we can get some hot weather!

+1 on a WRX with snow tires! Fun Fun Fun. You don't know what you're missing until you try it yourself! Just remember it can accelerate in the snow WAY better than a 2wd car but it stops just as poorly. To skid-steer, turn the front wheels the way you want the front to go and step on the gas.

+1 on a WRX with snow tires! Fun Fun Fun. You don't know what you're missing until you try it yourself! Just remember it can accelerate in the snow WAY better than a 2wd car but it stops just as poorly. To skid-steer, turn the front wheels the way you want the front to go and step on the gas.

They are basically giving these 2.2 Imprezas away around here, so I might go buy a wagon this week :mrgreen: