HybridZ

Hey guys just want your opinion.

nando280zxt

Im sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. :nono:

Anyway, my friend called me and said his fiance was driving home from work and her car "died". He couldn't really give me details as his fiance was mad and just wanted it fixed. He told me over the phone that the car would start for a few seconds and then turn off. So i went to take a look at it this morning, the car turned over but wouldn't even start. I tried jumping it just in case, no cigar. I listened carefully and the fuel pump was working. I had some starter fluid on me and when i opened the air tube from the throttle body there was quite a bit of oil. :weird: I don't like to over react so i was like, possible blow by? PCV maybe? The car started when i sprayed the starting fluid but was blowing what looked like coolant mixed with oil out of the throttle body! And then it would die when i stopped spraying. I cleaned the throttle body as best i could, but still it was spewing what looked like a mix of water and oil. I couldn't help but think there was some ring failiure..

Any ideas? I wasn't able to take a really long look at it because i had class in an hour.

Its a POS 2003 sunfire by the way!:D

Im sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. :nono:

Anyway, my friend called me and said his fiance was driving home from work and her car "died". He couldn't really give me details as his fiance was mad and just wanted it fixed. He told me over the phone that the car would start for a few seconds and then turn off. So i went to take a look at it this morning, the car turned over but wouldn't even start. I tried jumping it just in case, no cigar. I listened carefully and the fuel pump was working. I had some starter fluid on me and when i opened the air tube from the throttle body there was quite a bit of oil. :weird: I don't like to over react so i was like, possible blow by? PCV maybe? The car started when i sprayed the starting fluid but was blowing what looked like coolant mixed with oil out of the throttle body! And then it would die when i stopped spraying. I cleaned the throttle body as best i could, but still it was spewing what looked like a mix of water and oil. I couldn't help but think there was some ring failiure..

Any ideas? I wasn't able to take a really long look at it because i had class in an hour.

Its a POS 2003 sunfire by the way!:D

head gasket? pull a spark plug and see if there is coolant on it. If so BINGO