HybridZ

Anyone use these seats?

Hey_You

My '71 won't be done for...well...many years. Atleast a couple of em to just get it on the road. However, I was wondering if anyone has used the Sparco Speed 2 seats (looking at these seats as they are Sparco's, and they are actually affordable for a pair), and how they fit in the car. My intensions for the car is for lightweight fun (carbon and/or fiberglass panels and interior where I can) but it's always a bonus to have a comfortable seat. I did some searching and couldn't find a review of the seat anywhere.

SparcoSpeed2.jpg

Also...has anyone used the F1Spec seats? I searched on here about them, but the posts are over a year old and nobody had said if they have tried them or not. Any affordable/comfortable seat recommendation is appreciated...however it has to have a thin fixedback/headrest as my cage is the seat size nazi

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my eye on Memoryfab's s58 and s68 seats for awhile now. Once my current seats wear out, I'll probably go to those. The s58's are very very comfortable (I'd never have considered them until I sat in one). Worth checking out, I'd say:

http://www.memoryfab.com/products/detail_accessories_2/

http://www.memoryfab.com/products/detail_accessories_1/

No none at all........just made up new brackets to fit the seats, they really suit the car and are very comfy!!

Sweet! Sounds awesome then! I'll have to be on the look out for some then! And also I have to highly agree that they look mighty comfy too! Thanks!

You wouldn't happen to have pictures would you? They look like really nice seats. Wondering about fitment though. I sold my corbeau seats cause I didn't really like the fit. They were kinda big anyway. Went back to the stock seats for now until i figure out what im going to do.

I just got a Corbeau Clubman for my '71. I love it! Yes, it's hard to get in and out of sometimes but it's very comfortable and it holds very well.

I purchased it from www.soloracer.com. $313 w/ the mounting bracket included plus FREE shipping!

Use "csp161" as a coupon code and get the $5 off like I did.

• 1 year later...

Jay, how did the S2000 seat install go, what did you have to do to get them in there?

Dave

Im fitting a set of s2000 seats at the moment, nice and narrow at the top, nice and comfy and they look really well in the car.

Im fitting a set of s2000 seats at the moment, nice and narrow at the top, nice and comfy and they look really well in the car.

+1 :icon14: I currently have the red ones in my white Z. They do look really really good. We'll have to re-do it though. Kind of a ghetto job... espeically after my engine swap.

Any fitment issues?? Thinkin of puttin in some myself, just wondering.

The one thing I'd be careful with when installing seats in a Z is if you're very tall. I'm about 2m and the bulge just behind the seats prevented me from being able to adjust the seats back as far as the stock ones could go without a looot of work being done to the seats.

Just my experience anyways, GL with the seats they look nice

This is good info - I'm 6'4" tall with long legs (My jeans are 36") and I fit in the car well with the original seats. I have the S2000 seats and know there will be some fabrication work on the tunnel but am concerned that it may not be worth it. If it's not then I should sell the Honda seats and then get the originals reconditioned (however much that will cost...) How much of a difference was there between the s2000 seats and the 240z originals when you adjust them back?

The one thing I'd be careful with when installing seats in a Z is if you're very tall. I'm about 2m and the bulge just behind the seats prevented me from being able to adjust the seats back as far as the stock ones could go without a looot of work being done to the seats.

Just my experience anyways, GL with the seats they look nice

This is good info - I'm 6'4" tall with long legs (My jeans are 36") and I fit in the car well with the original seats. I have the S2000 seats and know there will be some fabrication work on the tunnel but am concerned that it may not be worth it. If it's not then I should sell the Honda seats and then get the originals reconditioned (however much that will cost...) How much of a difference was there between the s2000 seats and the 240z originals when you adjust them back?

With my seats it depended on how the back mounted to the base. If there is a gap below the back and they mount to the base via a diagonal angled plate then they could work fine and be able to slide back all the way.

In the end i took apart my aftermarket seats (reclinables) and the stock seats and fitted the aftermarket backs to the stock bases and had it refurbished and trimmed to match. The results have been fantastic but the cost.. not so much :(. Even still it required a bit of mallet work behind the seats to get them in.