HybridZ

82 zxt won't start.

vspec

Ok i have searched all around these forums(probably not good enough) but i can't seem to get it running.

I did a compression check and got around 140ish on all 6 cylinders.

i used a spark tester and all 6 are getting good spark

i installed a brand new fuel pump and regulator and am getting good fuel pressure.

it cranks but it just won't start, it almost wants to fire but maybe it's out of time?

oh yeah and when i pull the spark plugs there are soaked in fuel.

All engines need 3 basic things to start:

Proper spark

Proper fuel delivery

Proper amount of air

If the plugs are wet w/ fuel, it's flooded. Check your CHTS and AFM connections. Then, clamp off the fuel line after the fuel filter & crank the car at full throttle for 5-10 seconds. Release fuel line, crank again.

what nismo pick said but what I did was disconnect the wire from the pump so it would not run. Be sure your battery is fully loaded and/or have a backup. Hold the accelerator to the floor and start cranking. Let her crank a long while. If you don't get a response let things rest a few minutes then do the long crank again with the throttle wide open. You should get some action. It will run a few seconds then die. Repeat until you now longer get any response. Took about three or four times on my 83 turbo. Now reconnect the wire to the fuel pump and she will probably fire and run normally. no wide open throttle.

Get yourself a service manual. If you have fire and fuel then it has to be the timing. Remove your valve cover and put your #1 piston on TDC and check for the timing marks on the sprocket and the shiny chain link and the rotor in the distributor is pointing to #1 spark plug. That's how you check your timing. I had a car with this same symptoms before and when I check the timing chain some how is off by 1 chain link. GL