HybridZ

nismo aluminum flywheel and c-force clutch

Guest De Schmaydee

Guest De Schmaydee

...i bought the aluminium flywheel from nismo and a c-force dual friction clutch to go into my 82zxt (bw t5)anybody have this?....is it too much for a 300hp zcar setup?.......s

I recently installed a new Centerforce Dual Friction clutch on a freshly surfaced 225mm factory flywheel. At 11.5 psi it slipped enough to almost free rev the engine. When I turned the boost below 10 psi it stopped slipping. I'm guessing the clutch gave out at around 280 flywheel HP. A 240mm clutch would provide better results. I think Centerforce says they can hold 90% more power than stock, so in theory the 240mm flywheel should hold 342 HP.

I'm not sure about this, but I think an aluminum flywheel requires a clutch with more clamping force. This might mean 342 HP would go to say 300 HP capability. Let me know if you hear differently.

Guest De Schmaydee

yeah i dont think this clutch is gonna be as good as i had planned (especially for the $$$)....it kinda makes sense if you look at one...

...its got all those little weights that'll slide out as the rpms increase...but if you drag race thats not when you need it.....you need it when you start.....

...i dont drag race.....and i do have the 240mm flywheel and clutch so maybe it'll be and improvement over stock...i just want to get to 300-350(good dependable)hp....thanks for the post..s

I've not heard good things about the Dual Friction clutch. I am running a stock 240mm flywheel with a Centerforce II clutch to the tune of 250rwhp, with no slipping at all. I think the Centerforce pressure plate is a good design with more clamping force at higher rpm, very useful for drag racing a turbo, as that's when you need the clamping - the torque may peak at 3000-4000 rpm, and power is climbing rapidly at that point.

I have used the Dual Friction in 2 different engines an l28 turbo and my current 7mgte Toyota Supra Turbo engine that is in my '71 510 wagon. I have never had slipping issues on either engine. Be aware that you have to let the clutch break in for the 500 miles recommended. See dynochart below 327 rwhp--no slipping.

http://www.datsuns.com/Tech/dyno/7mgte-510-wagn.gif

Anthony,

I am running a zxt car. I got the CF dual friction, not worth the powder to blow it away. I was first running 350 hp and now 500hp the clutch lasted 3000 miles and a good majority of them were highway miles. I found the stock 2400 zxt clutch from Nissan held much better. I would not waste the money, their claim is erronious and if you give them a call on the phone thay will tell you they are good for about 250 hp that is what they told me. Also, when I installed the clutch, the center part of the disc that held the springs hit my flywheel bolts, so I had to machine the tops to get the thing to stop hitting. puke.gif

Guest De Schmaydee

hey jeff,

...how's that tko thang goin' ?....i'm still thinkin' 'bout that....i just slapped in a used T5 to get me by.....i might put in a better shifter...but i'd really like something better than a rebuilt T5 to put back in there...even runnin' 300-350hp (yeah i know i dont have to have it).....but i want it...hehehe....and i wants me a quaife lsd too... ...s