HybridZ

My RT install

Forrest

I've been meaning to do this for a while...I actually had a hard time finding pics of people's installs who had my year with my parts combination. (78 + poly mount)

Only thing I had to was slot the ears for the poly mount. I plan on putting a stock rubber mount underneath later.

So here you go:

3283470397_eef98f8efd.jpg

Slotted vs unslotted

3284290582_108c1d5cee.jpg

3283469609_c26af90dfc.jpg

3284291792_d323f32b39.jpg

(Sway bar is disconnected)

These RT mounts are much nicer. I installed mine a few years back, and also had to do the "slot mod" on the poly mount ears to make it where I could get the bolts in.

I really like the firm feel you get from using a nice stiff mount set up like this. You'll be happy you installed it!!

I put the lower mount on today. Took a little doing....

398236208.jpg

I didn't want to shave the upper mount, but I shaved it just enough so that I could bolt the mounting ears flush to the diff. I didn't have to remove much material. Otherwise the bottom mount wouldn't have had room to bolt between the diff and the crossmember.

398236209.jpg

I didn't have to slot any of the components in order get the bottom mount, but I thought I would for a while. I was able to loosen everything, bolt in the bottom crossmember, and then tighten everything up. It's rock solid now...can't wait to test drive it.