HybridZ

Someone buying non-working Z auto transmissions

Lewis Maudlin

• Administrators
Did you guys see that someone is buying up every Z auto transmission they can get? I thought this was weird. Apparently they are using them to retrofit those mini-trucks from china. The ad I saw said they were paying $100 each and picking up anywhere in the country. I think I might go to my local pick and pull.

Do you have a link to this? I've got one to get rid of.

Kevin from Mission Viejo Transmission bought 2 auto trannys from me. He is a man of his word, and a pleasure to deal with. I didn't have the shafts for the torque converters, and he still bought them.

The only catch was that the freight company he uses will not pick up at any residence. No biggie for me, the ACE hardware store a couple of blocks away let me drop off the trannys on a pallet and wait for the freight company.

Good luck!

I sent Kevin 3 last September. He sent me a check within two days, and had the trucking company pick them up a day later. I had access to shrink wrap, pallets, and a forklift. But, I'm sure Kevin would specify a lift gate for those of you in residential areas. Just go out to Home Depot or Lowe's and see if they'll give you a pallet. And, get some banding strap from Depot( in lumber dep.) and ask an associate for ten feet of it and a banding clip. Just tell them your strapping something to your car.

DK