HybridZ

vg30et in s13 240sx

whatroad

• 1 month later...

woah that engine sits Really far back in that engine bay, should make for some good balance.

what are you doing for exhaust manifolds? the stock crossover pipe (vg30 from 300zx) probably won't fit back there.

more details on build? turbo? n/a? power goals?

that mockup had the stock turbo exhaust bolted on. i had to cut the firewall and push it in only 4". the big problem i came across was that with it sitting so far back exhaust whent into the throtle pedal bracket. also wth the d21 upper plenum it sits mabe 2 1/2" or so above strut tower. made a FG cowl hood to solve that. oilpan clearance wasnt the best. i looked for a front sump pan but did not have luck unless i wanted to pay for it. but since im cheap i used a extra d21 4x4 oil pan sectioned an 1 1/4" off the bottom to gain some more ground clearance. never again will i do that, mig welded it but hairstrand thickness imperfections were all around the pan. ended up taking some metel same thickness and melted it in to stop it from leaking.

next im relocating the turbo up front driverside and shooting the exhuast right out the fender.

power goal 350rwhp reliably. This car is suppose to be finished april 11 for club loose at e-town nj. But I don’t think I have time to many parts to order. But i started porting the heads, enlarged d21 upper plenum to work with the ka24de throttle body. waiting for 495cc injectors, walbro 255 pump, intercooler and piping, boost controller, and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

order all new studs, washers, and nuts for the exhaust manifolds and take them off the motor you will use and replace them, and use some anti-seize too.

they tend to break in the head and it's easier to get out when the engine is out. they redesigned the studs with a better metal so that they will not corrode and break as easily.

my 2 cents. wouldn't want the same thing that happens to all us z31 guys to happen to you.

the injector wiring and clips dont look the best either. i have 12 so im hoping i should be able to make 6 good ones.......hope.

I highly recommend the use of squeeze-clip style injector plugs, unless you like loosing metal injector band-clips in the lower intake manifold, in which they fall into the "lifter valley" of the engine (i know, there are no lifters, but what else is it called. lol).

besides, you may wanna atleast take that gasket off and fix it... and clean all the rats nests under there. you may even find a dead mouse.

I highly recommend the use of squeeze-clip style injector plugs, unless you like loosing metal injector band-clips in the lower intake manifold, in which they fall into the "lifter valley" of the engine (i know, there are no lifters, but what else is it called. lol).

besides, you may wanna atleast take that gasket off and fix it... and clean all the rats nests under there. you may even find a dead mouse.

lol how did you know. i wanted to take a pic but the damn energizers lost there kick. but i found two dead mice with 5 handfuls of crap packed tight.

those squeeze clips sound great ill look into that

most GM cars have the squeeze clips you need.. if you're into the junkyard hunting type of thing. it also depends on what injectors you have. if they're the later side feed style then you'll need to modify the new clips, because the injectors have the tabs slightly offset compared to most bosch style clips. (pita if you have side feed injectors!!)

most GM cars have the squeeze clips you need.. if you're into the junkyard hunting type of thing. it also depends on what injectors you have. if they're the later side feed style then you'll need to modify the new clips, because the injectors have the tabs slightly offset compared to most bosch style clips. (pita if you have side feed injectors!!)

i have top feed injectors. i have a week off of work now "paid" maybe longer, find out when i go back to see the doctor. i popped a ligament off my ankle but soon im going to hobble my way to a junkyard.

• 5 months later...

dude awsome! what are you doing for mounts? got pictures? what are you doing about the starter location? i thought there was a problem with the starter fiting or something gehy like that to fit in the s chassis.

needs more pics!

btw have you considered using the 30et heads with the vg33er block? twin charge purhaps?