HybridZ

93' 300zx studder?

HI, I recently test drove a 93' 300zx non turbo thinking of purchasing it. the only major problem i found wiht it is in any gear even neuatreal(its a 5 spd.) at around Regular idle to a little below 2k teh engine starts acting like its idling rough. i had my dad(He went with me im only 18) rev it while i looked at the engine to see if it was a engine mount but it didnt even move that much(just the normal shake for an engine) anyways my question is what could cause this? could it be an injector? or maybe it just needs to a tune up?

Thank you in advance,

It sounds like it might be a coil pack. You need to do a power balance test. Unplug each individual connection to the coil packs one by one while car is running. the Z32 is bad about the wiring harness is bad about going bad. This is caused by heat in the engine bay. Also you can check the onboard computer to see if it has stored a code it will help you narrow the search down.