HybridZ

where to start

boosted280

Eventually it will have 15K or more in it. The interior is all plastic panels. No vynils except for the headliner and door panels. The suspension looks old. Rotors, brake lines and pads were just replaced and the brakes bled. The suspension looks old. I put on a pacesetter exhaust with a magnaflow cat and hate them both. This is the only pic i have and know it probably wont help.

280zx.jpg

Maybe you could tell us your goal?

Will the car be built strictly for racing? If so, track or 1/4mi? Do you want this car to be street legal? HP goal? Are you doing all the work yourself? What mechanical / body work / electrical background & experience do you have?

Again... help us help you (otherwise I can see this thread going to the tool shed pretty quick).

I want a street legal car. With 300hp to the wheels. I dont know if that is a lot for this car or not. Ill do whatever work i can myself. And i only have experience in the body work area. My friend owns one so i learned some stuff there. I mean i swapped a couple engines but they were mitsubishis and a lot different and look a lot less complicated.

I built my motor first and after inspecting the body thoroughly I had to address the rust problems before throwing a 300+ hp motor into it. Have the same 280zxt. Look under battery tray and check frame at floor, floor seam along rockers, Rocker panels by back wheels and shock towers. Just to name few spots that are common and affect the strength.

You have to start with a good canvas to create a masterpiece

300whp street car.

so you want a full cumfy interior (mabe a small sound system) nicer seats, exterior work to you choising...

and then their is that whole 300hp thing, this is hybridZ look arong in the engine swap forums not to say 300hp is too much for a street L28 but just make sure thats what you want...