HybridZ

Problems running rich/ bad idle/ nissan datascan doesnt work grrrrrr..

jtmny1999

Is the ECU interface Consult I (gray connector)? If so, have you tried other software with your adapter? ECUtalk comes to mind...

It's the blatz odb1 consult cable, i had to hack the plug because i have no odb1 plug on my harness.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.......I am a BlaZt distributor. You didnt need to hack the plug, you could have bought a new in car connector from us.

I need you to check the following...when you try to start the car does the power continue to the consult plug? It sounds like you may not be hooked up to a constant power source.

It's the blatz odb1 consult cable, i had to hack the plug because i have no odb1 plug on my harness.

That should be fine. Check the ECU....is there a switch on the RB25unit for test mode? If so and if its in test position, take it out.

nope series 2 motor, no screw, no led light. only way to make it go to test mode is shorting ign and some other wire.

What happens when you try to reconnect after you lost the signal?

Also, try running the dashboard with just two gauges. If you select a parameter that is sending a "bad" signal NDS will disconnect.

I will be on......

What happens when you try to reconnect after you lost the signal?

Also, try running the dashboard with just two gauges. If you select a parameter that is sending a "bad" signal NDS will disconnect.

I will be on......

I am at work right now, but when I tried to connect when the car is running windows wont recognize the device. I don't think its the software, i look at device manager and the com port will dissapear.

I am at work right now, but when I tried to connect when the car is running windows wont recognize the device. I don't think its the software, i look at device manager and the com port will dissapear.

• bugged windows installation

• faulty northbridge on laptop motherboard

• bad driver package

• try usb-to-rs232 conversion cable

What is your o2 doing?

Is it connected properly. If not it will cause idle issues and rich fuel mix.

I haven't checked the O2, ill do a test on it tomorrow. Thanks

edit: wouldn't the ECU drop a code for the O2 if it was bad though?

Ok so I tried to do some more trouble shooting and this is what I found out.

1. I applied 10 psi of pressure to the intake manifold, the intake doesn't hold pressure, it slowly leaks it out through the throttle body. Is this normal or should that have to be air tight?

2. I checked the resistance of the AAC valve and I get 0.0 Ω the FSM says 9~10 Ω so im thinking thats my problem.

Other than that I ran out of ideas. As for the NDS still freezes up after start up, I tried it on my desktop and everything was identical as my laptop.

Anyone know where to buy a new AAC valve?

contact Marco Vargas at sr20store.com. He's a Nissan wiz' and he carries lots of parts for JDM engines. He's located in Gardena. IDK if your car is drive-able but i'm sure if you take it there it will be much easier to figure out.

plus, He's a true datsun/nissan enthusiest and will be happy to see a nice car like yours.

tell him Myron sent you.

contact Marco Vargas at sr20store.com. He's a Nissan wiz' and he carries lots of parts for JDM engines. He's located in Gardena. IDK if your car is drive-able but i'm sure if you take it there it will be much easier to figure out.

plus, He's a true datsun/nissan enthusiest and will be happy to see a nice car like yours.

tell him Myron sent you.

Thanks man, I'll prob give him a call.

14.7 sounds a bit high.

On a stock Z31, 14.7 volts will render the climate control and stereo inop.

At 14.1 and below, they start working again.

If you have a bad ground between body and engine (I assume negative goes to engine ok or car would not crank) you will get high voltages and a host of other problems.......while the engine is running only.

If you can communicate with engine off but not while running, I would try disconnecting the alternator and see if you can communicate with engine running that way.