HybridZ

MS and hot cam compatable?

MONGO510

I want to run a MSnS system on my Z project car. How well will the MSnS work with a fairly hot cam(282 advertised,242@.050)? I need to know if it will idle ok. I ran a Holley "Projection" system years ago, and was not real happy with it. It was the analog system.

The MSnS looks like a great setup, but I have not seen any mention of Hot cams and Idle characteristics.

John

I've always wondered the same thing. If someone knows, please chime in. I've heard that high duration 280 + causes too much overlap and can effect vacuum, which is important to maintain in an EFI system. I don't have any accessories, I just need vacuum to get a MAP reading for Megasquirt and a dizzy ref (Fuel-only), so I'm wondering how high you can go or what is recomended. Is this only a issue for stock EFI systems or can Megasquirt adjust to high duration and high lift cams? Any one running ~.500 lift, 280 + duration cam in an L28 NA with Megasquirt? Full build: Lonewolf intake, ported and shaved P79 with a 3-angle valve job. Thanks.