HybridZ

280zx NA Engine into a 280z

Phillip

Hey I couldn't find anything on swapping a 280zx NA Engine into a 280z, (probably because theres so much on the Turbo ones haha). My 280z's engine is knocking, so im trying to buy a 280zx for 350 bucks that the guy says has a good engine, Is my EFI wiring harness and computer from my 280z going to work with the 280zx NA? or am I going to need to use everything from the 280zx ? Thanks a bunch my 280z is a 1978 not sure what year the 280zx is though it is an NA though.

You might have an issue with the dropping resistors for the injectors. The earlier ECU's needed them, but the later ones do not. It will depend on the year of the ZX...

[Edit: On second thought, it wouldn't matter as long as you're using the 280Z wiring and ECU]

A Long Block L28 is a Long Block L28. You could even run a turbo motor in your car, the only difference between them on an N/A car would be compression. *edit* and distributors...

Use the manifolds and sensors off of your 78 and you'll be fine. I'm running an F54/P79 out of a 1980 S130.