HybridZ

Hyundai Genesis Coupe...

Mikelly

I went and looked at one at the dealership and I was very impressed. Its definately a nice car. The only thing I didn't like was that only the Track model came with LSD. Other than that they definately seem more than worth the price tag.

I didn't like that either, but if you think about it, it comes out to be a reasonable price difference.

LSD usually cost $2k new and then you have the suspension package. and the 2.0T track model is $25k IIRC.

The thing that I don't like is that they used the same engine designation as the EVOX. They are similar, but not the same and from what I've read, have inferior parts from the Mistu version.

The Hyundai version doesn't have forged pistons, unlike the EVO and some review confirm that most of the "good" parts aren't interchangeable.

I just wonder if you can longitudinally mount an EXO engine with the Hyundai transmission :P.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know for $27k for the premium Genesis.. and almost $23k for the base..

I think I would rather buy a low mileage used Nissan 350z for the money... whatcha guys think?

Maybe, but now the 370z is out and makes the 350z dated. Plus this has 4 seats.

you know for $27k for the premium Genesis.. and almost $23k for the base..

I think I would rather buy a low mileage used Nissan 350z for the money... whatcha guys think?

Its a toss up IMO, because there are 350z everywhere.

Now I see back seats in sports car as a disadvantage. You can't enjoy the driving experience with an annoying backseat driver. Plus its just more dead weight to carry around.

Maybe. But when you have to leave your nice sports car at home and drive the SUV around because you can't take your kids with you is not so fun!

I already have an impractical 2 seater that is my toy!

Actually I like having the extra space of the back seat for "stuff". My director of operations has serious issues with bringing stuff to and from the office in her 350Z due to that ignorant "bar" at the rear tower. Makes putting much more than a computer bag back there a challenge. When I removed the bolt in cage from the Porsche, I welcomed having reclining seats and a back seat so we can actually take the car on trips again!

To each their own...

Mike

Actually I like having the extra space of the back seat for "stuff".

Thats actually the reason why I don't like it. When it gets cold (live in alaska) I don't like to clean the car :P

But thats only in the winter. And the extra junk in the back will add more traction in the snow/ice :P

Where do I sign? Aren't we supposed to be getting gnarly tax breaks if we buy a car this year?

I think thats for domestic market.

I heard something like, if you trade in your old car, the gov will add another $5k to the trade in value and another $1k if you buy domestic, or something like that.

My jeep is only worth maybe $2k as most. $27k for the 2.0T track model (-) $7k for my 92 jeep (=) ^______^

hyundai will be the next toyota/lexus in 10 years. for you ppl saying "it's a hyundai" have to understand thats exactly wat ppl said about toyota/nissan/honda 30 years ago. I've test drove these things and quite frankly here's the verdict

i'd take a genesis coupe over a 370z/g37

i'd take a genesis sedan over a lexus GS/mercedes E-class (coming from a merc owner)

and when the time comes and after a test drive i might even consider taking the Hyundai Equus over a S-class...

you be the verdict:

hyundai-equus-image.jpg

2010-hyundai-equus-01.jpg

hyundai will be the next toyota/lexus in 10 years. for you ppl saying "it's a hyundai" have to understand thats exactly wat ppl said about toyota/nissan/honda 30 years ago. I've test drove these things and quite frankly here's the verdict

i'd take a genesis coupe over a 370z/g37

i'd take a genesis sedan over a lexus GS/mercedes E-class (coming from a merc owner)

and when the time comes and after a test drive i might even consider taking the Hyundai Equus over a S-class...

you be the verdict:

2010-hyundai-equus-01.jpg

I agree. People were saying the same thing about Datsun 30 years ago. I told this to a friend of mine and he countered by saying the he doesn't believe that Hyundai's have a "soul" kind of feeling when he drove one. Now granted he drove a sonata and now drives a GTI but still, unless you drive one of the newer and newest Hyundais I don't think you can really judge. Having read what some people have said when they went to look at one makes me really want to go and test drive one :flamedevi

Although I can't get over jus how good looking and how well the new Z performs...gotta test drive that one as well :burnout: