HybridZ

Help head install

TommyZ

Okay I have a small problem I just swaped my old p90a out for a fresh p90 head on my l28et....everything has was going good but Now the timming chain wont reach?????? done this many times before never had this problem......

What do you guys think?? please help?????

Tommy,

Some have posted their ability to reach down inside the cover with a screwdriver or other tools and wrangle the chain tensonier back into place but my attempts have not worked. The other way is to drop the oil pump, oil pan and remove the cover to reinstall the chain tensonier along with something to keep it in place while you complete the job. Either way it's a PITA and provides another opportunity for you to practice keeping your good humor.

How far off are we talking, an inch or 1/8 of an inch? If its very close then it might just be that the tensioner came out a little bit. For whatever reason it tightens the chain up almost insurmountably, but like Mayolives said you can get lucky with the right combination of screwdrivers/prybars/long extensions to get it pushed back in far enough. I've done it through sheer luck but I was still amazed when it popped back on..

Oh, another thing you might wanna check, what happened to me was my cam actually was pushed a little to far back and the little nub thing on the can wouldn't reach the hole in the sprocket. so all i had to do was push my cam forward a little bit.