HybridZ

L28ET with Z31 Ecu and harness to 260z

With hybridz advise I started to install Z31 ecu with OEM harness to my 260z(don't have L28ET harness). I'm almost on top this but few things I need to ask. Which of these components do I need to connect to make ecu work and where do I connect these?

- power transistor

- Air regulator

- EGR control solenoid valve

- PR control solenoid valve

- Cylinder head temperature sensor

- Fuel temp sensor

- Detonation sensor

- EFI relay

- EIA solenoid

- Idle up solenoid valve

Sorry If these little beginner questions, but I'm doing this for the first time.

With hybridz advise I started to install Z31 ecu with OEM harness to my 260z(don't have L28ET harness). I'm almost on top this but few things I need to ask. Which of these components do I need to connect to make ecu work and where do I connect these?

- power transistor

- Air regulator

- EGR control solenoid valve

- PR control solenoid valve

- Cylinder head temperature sensor

- Fuel temp sensor

- Detonation sensor

- EFI relay

- EIA solenoid

- Idle up solenoid valve

Sorry If these little beginner questions, but I'm doing this for the first time.

You need the power transistor, efi relay and the cyl head temp sensor. The power transistor grounds the coil through it's case so make sure it's well grounded. The other components are straight wiring as per wiring diagram.

The cyl head temp or (CHTS) has two wires, one goes to the ecu, the other ties in with a wire from the AFM and then also goes to the ecu.

The efi relay turns on the main power for the CAS and the AFM as well as runs a signal back to the ecu. Which is funny because the efi relay gets a signal from the ecu to energize. It is like the ecu has two wake up modes... partially awake, and fully awake.

Can you use a 280zxt harness with a m30 ecu?

Yes, but you have to make a few mods to the harness. Like the maf sensor plug and ecu plug have to be changed. There are also some changes needed in the fuel pump circuit. Of course you need a Vg30 type CAS wheel.

I have a M30 ecu that has already had a eprom socket installed if you are interested.

Yes, but you have to make a few mods to the harness. Like the maf sensor plug and ecu plug have to be changed. There are also some changes needed in the fuel pump circuit. Of course you need a Vg30 type CAS wheel.

I have a M30 ecu that has already had a eprom socket installed if you are interested.

So with your ecu it has already been swapped to work with a 280zxt harness? So now I need a 300zxt CAS and MAF? Is there a difference in chopper wheel types throughout the years? Could I use a z31 CAS, M30 ecu, z32 MAF all on a 280zxt harness?

• 3 weeks later...

I just did the Mod with good success. Even got a Direct fit O2 sensor so no need to change the 280zxt Downpipe. If you look through my album or ask me I could send you all the Wiring Diags with Colour routing ont he wiring diag. So let me know. Was a good challenge but not to hard just lots of time =-)

But DIZZY's are the same I got mine out of a NA VG30 from a Maxima as well as the MAF from a NA 300zx (came with 6pins already)

• 2 months later...
You need the power transistor, efi relay and the cyl head temp sensor. The power transistor grounds the coil through it's case so make sure it's well grounded. The other components are straight wiring as per wiring diagram.

Do you I really need the power transistor if I use the coil which I was using with my L26 and not z31 coil?

I have a complete setup if you aare interested. wire harness, coil, CAS and distrributor, ECU , MAF if you are interested.

Bernard and I, between the two of us, have installed every Nissan ECU. Currently both of us are running a Z32 ECU, and in my opinion this is the best of all the systems Nissan has done for the cars.

You can get power form all of them Z31, M30 but both of these systems use a single coil and distributors.

The Z32 system is fully sequential and will give you the best results for your time and effort.

But as I said I have a complete system if you are interested.