HybridZ

Stay away from Jeff Robert

worknprog

I am posting this to try and keep other Hybrid users from being taken. I sent Jeff Robert my ecu and Harness back on July 27,2008 and still have not recieved it. I purchased it on ebay and I went through his feed back and it was all good except for a couple. Then after about two months he pulled everything off of ebay. Yesterday I sent him an email and told him I wanted my stuff back and of course I got another excuse. Yesterday I also contacted a lawyer in albany new york. Their consult fee is $200.00 per hour. I have found many people on the internet that have been taken by this individual.

He seems to create webpages long enough to take money and property and then the page disappears. So far these have been the pages that he has created.

PCMAmerica.com

musclesportsandimports.com

AutoComputerTech.com

http://www.eastcoastengines.com

Jim,

Sorry to hear this. I had luck using Jesse at Wait4me performance to reprogram my PCM. For the harness all you need is some basic electronics you can hook up relays and power to the harness and you should be able to start the car. You don't need to send it out for it to work. If you go this far with the swap you might as well learn everything yourself. This is for future problems you know what to fix and don't have to take it to any shop. I have a tendency of not trusting anyone working on my car unless I am standing there and watch them. If you need help with hooking up the wiring harness just give me a call when you get to that point. GL

V.

That sucks. Just FYI, you can't give or receive negative feedback on Ebay anymore. So a persons feedback score is now irrelevant as it only shows positives.

Hope it all works out.

Are you serious???? Wow, another reason to avoid EBay.

That sucks. Just FYI, you can't give or receive negative feedback on Ebay anymore. So a persons feedback score is now irrelevant as it only shows positives.

Hope it all works out.

Why do you say you cannot give negative feedback anymore ? I have left feedback recently and there is clearly a negative choice there (although I have not used it). It does say you need to wait 7 days though to resolve any issues. The feedback is one of the best parts about E bay and make it what it is, I don't think they would do away with it.

I much prefer the local Trademe.co.nz that NZ uses instead of ebay, Ebay never really took off here, one nice thing about trademe is no re-list fees. Ebay only waive the relist fees if the item sells on the second go, Trademe lets you roll it over multiple times until it finally sells.

Guest johnjb

Ah... That's him!? I've been seeing those motors all over eBay. I wasn't thinking about buying one because I'm looking for a motor/trans combo and because his prices are kinda stupid. But now that I know, I won't consider him no matter what. Thanks for the heads up.

David,

Do a search on Auto Computer Technologies or Jeff Robert 851 Knox Cave Road Altamont, NY 12009 (518) 872-0421. Since I am at home that was what I did to paste his info just now. I have kept my messages to him in my work email. What amazes me is that you would question me without even doing a little inquiry. About once a month for eight months I would just inquire as to when it would be completed, then he stopped responding altogether. Like I told him my father said you can always start off nice and go ugly, but it is real hard to start off ugly and then become nice. I contacted a lawyer two weeks ago and gave him two more weeks to try to finish it up, but once again he has stopped reponding. I figure that I am out the ECU, Harness and $350.00. I was just trying to Keep others from being in the same boat as me.

This guys lists himself under his own name for business so the individual business names are apparently either short term DBAs or just names he makes up for a time. His BBB rating is a C-, however they don't go into detail as to why. Typically a no info rating is a B+ until something comes up, but this guy has a C- with no explanation.

http://search.buffalo.bbb.org/codbrep.html?id=185036238