HybridZ

Thinking of swapping the tails.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's official. Completely ruptured my ACL. Going to see the orthopedic surgeon that takes care of the Hokies. Recovery time of approx 6 weeks. Rear end rebuild to resume IMMEDIATLEY following recovery! :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Orthopedic surgeon is a great guy. Dr. James Lebolt. He rebuilt Donnovan Mcnabbs ACL when he ruptured it back in '06. Had him back on the field in six months! I like to think that this surgeon only works on the most finely tuned athletes!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen: (you'd laugh if you saw the extra poundage my poor knee was "trying" to support when I got hurt).

Completely ruptured ACL, torn MCL, bruised meniscus and tibia. I'm two weeks out from the injury now. Doesn't hurt anymore. Been at PT for the last week and a half to regain flexibility prior to surgery.

Surgery scheduled for June 29th. Complete ACL reconstruction using a donor tendon from a section of the tendon that holds the kneecap to the tibia. Old ACL will be cleaned out and the new one screwed into place. Should be back on my feet a few weeks after surgery.

I have a couple weeks left before surgery. Gonna try to get some work done on the car beforehand.

believe it or not, that was one of the swaps that made it on my short list. What killed it was the un-godly price that a set of lights from a 67' GTO was going for. Didn't want to swap in a poor set. A good set with the case, lenses and wiring/sockets was over $300!! My $100 mustang lights won.

I'd love to see how it turned out if you have any pics.

I did the light swap about ~20 years ago and I cut the rear section off of a GTO, they were not that expensive then. I removed the whole rear light mounting section on the Zand then grafted the GTO section, flairing it into the body without disrupting the outer lines. it was a lot of work, but turned out nice. The car also had blanked out and smoothed headlights with 200sx headlights in the grill

I'll look for pictures, and post them if I can, that's a dozen moves and a divorce ago.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I was thinking these could be made to look really good on an S30...

The over width of a Nissan Cube is 66.7 inches and the over width of the 240Z is 64.1 inches, so dimensionally its going to be very close with little modification. Another upside is that its still nissan oem parts, I don't know if I could stick Ford taillights on a Z?

11cgq5g.jpg

Edited by AndAnotherOne