HybridZ

RIP...... Old Red....

Airjockie

Just thought I'd share a little...lurker here for a while...

As of 9:35 am today, I have decided to pull the plug on my little baby... It lived a respectable life...was rebuilt, pampered, abused, played with, went thru 3 transplants, and had a collection of shoes that would make any woman jealous. Just as another transplant was getting lined up, something with more power, more speed, and a full new look, cancer was found.:( The pre-op looked recoverable, but after looking deeper into the hidden areas, more cancer was found... The passivation is terminal, the hydrated iron oxides was just to much for the frail 70's era Japanese metals that the patient was equipped with. With the failing corroded wires, and the constant dying on the road, and the track, it was trying to tell me that it didn't want to carry me and the wife anymore safely...and that it didn't have the strength to withstand a bigger powerplant...

It's sole survivor, which is the same year and make, shall receive the full organs that were the patient has donated, and shall have more of a chance to live on for a few more years, since the same cancer is only in the pimple (puberty) stage compared to the the deceased.

Old Red Z, you will be missed....:(

aab.jpg

aao.jpg

abi.jpg

aez.jpg

afa.jpg

afb.jpg

afc.jpg

DSC00159.JPG

DSC00262.JPG

0676-311.jpg

0583-265.jpg

DSC02558.JPG

DSC02542.JPG

DSC02549.JPG

Old Red...you will be missed...:(

Um that is VERY reparable. Most people would like to start out with a car that was taht clean lol.
While I think calling it clean is a bit too far with all that rust, I agree that it is very repairable. Looks like just floors/subframes/rockers. Pretty typical on this coast.