HybridZ

AHHH really loud clanking noise from rear end

bryand2

i hit one of those round steel covers on the ground at the gas station, hit it pretty hard, dont know how the car isnt lowered, and now im getting a loud clanking sound from rear end, sounds like a ratchet handle being dragged on the ground, still shifts and drives fine, doesnt make the noise when accelerating, only when decellerating while still in gear and it gets faster if i decellerate while in gear or down shift, does sound like i knocked something out of place in the differential?

Had a similar problem once and it was my new driveshaft hitting my sway bar during deceleration, specifically the ouside edge flange where it meats the companion flange on the diff.

This was a new custom shaft and an oversize MSA sway bar, your existing shaft and sway bar should not be doing this unless something is loose...

Check your driveshaft bolts. I just got done inspecting mine because I had the same noise when I downshifted or accelerated hard. Turns out three of the four bolts where loose and one nut was missing. I could also move the driveshaft up and down with my hand. I bought new bolts, nuts, and some locktite.