HybridZ

Racing?

norstar

It is just me?....

I finally got my 260z running great. I have noticed that whenever I take of for a little cruise, everyone and their mother wants to race. You guys run into this?

I normally don't run a full light to light.. Just punch it a few times and most of the time, the other guy gets the idea and seem to back down:burnout:

Probably because on the east coast no one knows what it is and they think its a Ferrari or Porsche :lol:

Something is up with Pontiac GrandAm drivers, I don't understand. I swear I get 4 idiots a week trying to shift automatics into neutral so they can rev their fearsome motor at me. Absurd. Everyone else tends to leave me alone, for which I am grateful.

Probably because on the east coast no one knows what it is and they think its a Ferrari or Porsche :lol:

Lol, I think there's something to that though. Here in NC I usually had a couple ppl a week revving their motors trying to race. This was back when I had just got my z. Rust spots, primer, and bone stock everything must mean I'm trying to race everyone that I can :icon56:.

Haven't anybody trying to race the Z for a while though...that's probably because it has been on the road for about a year though :(

I rarely get anyone try and race me on the street.

Its only happened 2 or 3 times and its usually some high school kid who thinks their VW is fast. I just ignore them and keep driving.

Its surprising how many people guess that its got a V8 in it though, so maybe that scares most of them away. I usually just get the thumbs up or they ask me if its a porsche haha.

The only time I notice is when I take off from a set of lights normally (as you know these zeds seem to take off pretty quickly without trying) and they notice I'm quicker than their, I think you know them there as the Pontiac G8's? they realise that then mash the throttle to catch up and pass me at 60mph! only to stop at the next set of lights for the same treatment..."How can a Datsun drag a supercar like mine?" they ask themselves...

I get it at least once a week in the summer when I drive it, but what really gets me wondering is when these soccer moms in their SUV's blast away from me at the light, and I figure they must be at 3/4 throttle! If I wanted to keep up, I'd have to get into single digits of inches of vacuum!! That is fast enough that I would NOT want to do that infront of a cop. I don't get it?

I try and ignore them. I did ignore this kid in a 90's Talon, and he blasted off spinning all 4 tires, then his girlfriend leans out the window at the next light, and yells "we really handed you your a$$" I was dumfounded!? Sooo we start pulling away in heavy traffic, and I pull away very slow, leave some room, and accel enough to hear the BOV go. I look over, and they are no longer looking at me, and rolled up the window! They just tucked their tail and stayed behind me. Yeeesh. BOV scares them most of the time now. I just don't care about those idiots anymore.