HybridZ

which s30 has the most problems?

Probably EVILC's. lol.

Welcome to the site. You will need to learn the differences between all of them. They can all have problems, and they can all be perfect. They differ so much that the problems can be unique to each year. The one common denominator is RUST. You are in the right part of the country for that though. Good luck.

Probably EVILC's. lol.

Welcome to the site. You will need to learn the differences between all of them. They can all have problems, and they can all be perfect. They differ so much that the problems can be unique to each year. The one common denominator is RUST. You are in the right part of the country for that though. Good luck.

i've already have had my share of problems with rust.....

• Administrators

All of them and none of them. I'm being serious. It really depends on how far you plan or end up modding the car as to which common issues will get eliminated in the mods performed, if those issues have not already been dealt with by the previous owner.

If you going V-8, then many of the carburetor or EFI issues are no longer and issues, etc.

WOW big money!

It sounds like you have done a little looking around and know what you want. What are your goals?? speed, power, ect..... Do a search for those swaps check out what you will need to do. Then get it done!

Take lots of pics.

I know the 240z is always sought after as it is lighter and more classic. However most 240z owners that modify it for alot more power end up putting in the bigger diff and strenghtening (and lengthening) the frame rails. 240's need extra stuff if you want to add fuel injection. Of course the 280z already has injection, the R200 and better rails. I have also found that the electrical system in the newer ones are superior. One of the biggest downfalls of the later Z's is the ugly/heavy bumpers. Those of course can be removed. Motorsport has a nice body kit for that. Overall I think the 280 is more solid and better built than the 240, but that's just my opinion. If someone was in the market for a old Z I would just tell them to buy the best one they can find for the money regardless of the model.