HybridZ

carbon fiber body parts

eds240z

has anyone ever heard of keycompositesgroup? they sell carbon fiber parts for all types of cars. they have a front air dam & spoiler for S30's i'm interested in, just not sure if the product is of good quality. you guys can check him out on ebay. thanks

I posted up the same question you had, but got no responses. I tried e-mailing people who bought datsun parts off of him, but got no response either.

He's willing to sell the BRE spoiler at $207 or $217 on the best offer. That's what he qouted me on it anyhow. He also does local pick-up now, so you can save on the ridiculous shipping charges that he qoutes.

If you look under item location in the ebay auctions, it says he is located in joppa, Maryland.

Before he didn't allow warehouse pick-ups, but now he does. Sorry for the confusion, i meant if you were local to him, you can save on shipping cost. But for us in the bay area, we're screwed.

has anyone ever heard of keycompositesgroup? they sell carbon fiber parts for all types of cars. they have a front air dam & spoiler for S30's i'm interested in, just not sure if the product is of good quality. you guys can check him out on ebay. thanks

Yeah, I've been drooling over that spoiler on Ebay too !

Very good price on a big CF part like that. Only shows $87 for the shipping to Oceanside. UPS would treat that as oversize, so I don't think it's an unfair shipping charge. Shipping large items, even if they are light, sucks these days because of 'dimensional weight' i.e. they charge like it's a heavy item just because of the size. If they pack it safely, the box will be huge.

• 5 weeks later...
$10 says its Showcar Body Parts...

Is that $10 payable to me? Do you want to just paypal that to me? LOL

Actually, I decided to come on here because these lips have always sold well to this group, so I figured I'd be available to personally answer your questions.

Re: Shipping, yeah it sucks, I know...the box IS oversize and it could be the wieght of a feather. Like someone else said its Dimension. We do oversize the box beyond the spoiler to keep it from getting damaged. You know how gentle and caring UPS can be. That extra dimension is just added insurance.

I'm actually going to do a GB on these things...

So, we're here, we're registered and I'm happy to answer your questions!

• 1 month later...

Flattering pictures considering the part doesn't come close on fitment; yes, I got 'stuck' with one of these poorly designed spoilers as they (KCG) apparently do not honor returns--if I was a fabricater, I'd use it for a mold after refining the design to fit the S30 and make a killing. Don't waste your money, there are better products out there that don't require extensive modifcation to make the part fit. I wouldn't trust any of their parts to be honest since they don't use/have any Zs to test their products--nor can they provide any testimonials of satisfied customers or pictures of their products installed on customer vehicles. I voluteered to be the first (on here) to try their product and provide pictures but it didn't fit and they won't take it back.

Yeah, I've been drooling over that spoiler on Ebay too !

Very good price on a big CF part like that. Only shows $87 for the shipping to Oceanside. UPS would treat that as oversize, so I don't think it's an unfair shipping charge. Shipping large items, even if they are light, sucks these days because of 'dimensional weight' i.e. they charge like it's a heavy item just because of the size. If they pack it safely, the box will be huge.