HybridZ

How do you "motivate" your body man?

dsommer

^^^Yeah but I feel the need for more speed!!! Plus I've got tons of parts that need to be installed. I've got a set of Rota RBR sitting here in my office that have been staring at me for a few months now.

Did you see what they did to your old car?http://missouriairparks.com/video/MOV00547.MPG

http://missouriairparks.com/video/MOV00547.MPG

I've seen the pics, but can't get the vids to load for some reason. Seems like he did a good job on it. Kinda where I wanted to take it ...... but ran out of time. I'll do another one again! Side note, I'm keeping my skills fresh with a cheap 85 wrangler project (simple, DD, type of thing), that should keep my busy until I get back from Hawaii :)

You want something done right, then do it yourself. Thats my way of doing things.

With 3.5 year old twin boys running around the house, no family in the area to "drop them off at" and watch them I'm not going to learn to do body work at this point in my life. But I do agree with your statement.

This has turned into somewhat of a "check book" build at this point. Sourcing out the areas that I cannot do myself.

No it's a one man show. I've got him on the right track now. I've givien him a time frame, expectations etc.

Good, keep us updated on the progress. I find it fascinating to see what people do to procrastinate in getting work done. I hope you have better luck with him going forward.

Davy

No it's a one man show. I've got him on the right track now. I've givien him a time frame, expectations etc.

I was going to recommend concrete boots and sleeping with the fishes. I want to see your car done too, just keep at him in a nice manner, maybe call/swing by once a week, do some 'cussin and discussin, etc etc.

By the way, what kind of time frame are you looking at??

hmmm sounds like he got the case of "Lazy assness" get a whip and tie him to a charriot... see if it gets him going...

i've been through three people with my Z, and the guy that i found currently working on my car is great, half now half later done in 3 weeks. and great price.

i could have recomended him to you if you live in so cal area.

Hey man, most people have said it already. Just be honest

For a while, i was having the chassis done on my triumph...granted i knew it was a TON of work, but after 8 or 9 months of sporatic progress, i wondered what the hell was going on, especially since most of the work had been paid for.

I asked up front "is it the money?" And he said yes...I was getting the deal of the century and i knew it. The problem was, he got burned REALLY bad on a couple other customers, and he had to take on other/better paying projects to make ends meet before he could basically work for very little money on my car. It totally made sense and eased my suspsicions a little. I also threw a bit more money at him, and things got done in a hurry!

So yeah, just be honest. Tell him you need to see some progress of you're going to take it somewhere else!.

Six weeks??? If I could get a anyting done in six weeks, I'd be one happy camper. My guy has had the car for 3 years and we still haven't got the flooor amd firewall back in. What really suciks is tht I'm doing a lot of the work and I'm no more motivated than my friend.

good luck, and keep us posted on how its going.