HybridZ

front brakes

Ok, I'm seriously lost. I have been having issues with my brakes and have made a couple posts trying to get it fixed. I have been thinking it was either the rear brakes or the brake booster, I changed the rear wheel cylinders, made sure everything was bled, check the reaction disk a few times, but when I went to take the car for a spin around my circle I found that my front brakes are locked up, like the car won't budge. These are new brakes from silverminemotors that I put on a few months ago but haven't driven with yet. Does any one have any idea why this would be happening and how do I fix it? I really need some help here, I'm supposed to be going from Las Vegas to Salt Lake this week and need my ride to get me there. All help is very appreciated.

Thank you,

gb20

I bought a brand new set of the front big brake kit from silverminemotors.com. Rotors, calipers, pads are all new parts. As for the reaction disk, it hasn't ever been a problem before but I keep hearing that the little devil can cause some frustrating problems. With the car is off I can push the brake pedal to the floor very easily but can pump the brakes and get a vey firm pedal. When I start the car I loose a little bit of that pedal but can pump it back up. After I tried to take the car for a spin and it didn't move I jacked up the front end and found that my front brakes are engaged.

Alright so the front brakes had an easy fix. My rims were clamping down on the calipers and keeping the car from moving. I got some spacers and fixed that issue. The thing is that I have to pump my brakes 3-4 times before I get any braking actions. But once the brakes start to work, they work very well. It's just getting to that point. Does anyone have any idea how to fix that? Any help is very much appreciated and needed. By the way, I did get a new master cylinder, it's a 15/16. Are there any adjustments to that that would make a difference in my problem?

gb20

Start with bleeding the master cylinder as you said you have a new one and then move to the furtherest brake bleed screw from the master cylinder then work back to the closest ie back right then back left then front right and lastly front left, see if this helps

So I got frustrated and decided to take the car into a brake shop. I figured it was going to be something stupid that got overlooked and be a quick fix, and it was. When I had installed the front brakes, it was late and I just wanted to get it done. I installed the calipers on the wrong sides. I don't know how many times I have read to make sure the bleeder is on top and that is the one thing I did wrong. Moral of the story, actually pay attention to the things you learn on this site. Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys, it has been greatly appreciated.

gb20