HybridZ

Trailer question.

jkgts1

Make sure it is dual axle. AND has brakes...nothing worse than a trailer without brakes.

I have a 16' and my ZX fits nicely, BUT, tiedown points are about a pain in the arse... without having hooks closer to the axles in the rear (meaning more forward than the rear of the body), and the car being so low in the front (hard to get to anything behind the front of the fiberglass body kit), it makes it difficult to tie down. If I had it to do all over again, I'd go 18'-20' or weld some loops on the front and rear crossmembers to hook the ratchet straps to.

I currently use axle straps through the wheels, not tying the body down and compressing the shocks, but even that is a pain. The welded ring on the crossmembers will be happening SOON!

16 ft. long bed really is the proper way to go. It allows for better draw on the straps for the load and better ability to adjust the car's weight on the trailer...

I had a small 14 footer and it was REAL twitchy because you were limited to load placement... get it right and you could tow 75mph... Get it wrong and anything over 40mph would cause serious wag, to the point of wanting to jackknife! :shock:

Mike

I agree with the 16 footer. Tiedown is a PITA. Even with a set of Mac's Custom Tiedowns and strapping to the axles, it's not an easy 'hook and go' like a longer trailer with D-Rings you ca neasily access behind the bumper...

Now again, if the trailer is like $250... I can put up with a LOT of nusiance for that kind of money! Twitchy or not, you can always ballast the tongue with something like a heavy toolbox and winch (though not to tall, that front end will likely be hanging out there a bit!

Waitaminit...Moreno Valley? Figures I'm out of the country when a cheap utility trailer comes up on the market. I need something small for the boy's 510, and that's right in line with the size for that little thing (as well as the Opel GT!)