HybridZ

Headers on, car wont stay running

So I got my header and exaust put on 260z. Its the msa 3-into-2 header with the twice pipes exaust. I also have the arizonazcar 4 barrell intake and carb on the car. Before installing the exaust components the car ran well. But now the car will turn over but won't stay running. Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks for any help given.

After the car starts, I can keep reving the engine to keep it running but it dies if I give I stop or keep the pedal in one spot. It seems like it should be something simple but I don't know what that could be.

Have you checked for vacuum leaks? That definitely sounds like whats going on. With throttle open, it's sending fuel through to keep he car running. But under vacuum, it could be leaking, causing no fuel to be consumed during idle.

Get a propane torch and turn it on (but dont light it) turn the key on (sounds like you'll need someone to play with the throttle so it doesn't die) and then move the propane around and the vacuum leak will suck in the propane and cause the RPMs to rise...be a little more difficult if you have to play with the throttle at the same time to keep it running though...You could just look around for unplugged hoses or vacuum ports with no caps on it because I know how much cleaner the AZC intake makes things and you shouldn't have any problems finding those.

Check around where the mannifold connects to the cylinder head. It could be leaking around that area. Go back and tighten all of your bolts holding on both the mannifolds, I had that probblem when I changed over mine.

lack of back pressure maybe . try restricting half or so of your exhaust with plate. ill bet that it idles. another thing could be heat disapation those headers are gonna let the head cool alot faster and in turn your intake side will cool also. this is gonna mess with the mixture a little bit. you will probably also need to adjust your set up. also make sure that you didnt pinch any wires, or mess up any sensor or sending units upon instalation of your new header set up. you may also try hotter or colder rated spark plugs, this might help as well.