HybridZ

Opinions..Splitter/Dive Plane

cygnusx1

I have always wanted to fabricate a front splitter but my driveway would kill it because it's too steep. However, I can add splitters to the front corners and wrap them up into the wheel well, as was shown to be beneficial in the aerodynamics thread. Opinions please. No jokes about the vasoline! :iospalo:

I use it for the rubber seals to keep them from squeeking and drying out.

552336407_SMcSo-XL.jpg

552336822_rR2iy-XL.jpg

I would wrap the splitter to the inside of the brake cooling duct in the air dam. Here- ^ They would be made of aluminum and painted semi-gloss black.

Opinions?

• Administrators
No jokes about the vasoline! :iospalo:

I use it for the rubber seals to keep them from squeeking and drying out.

I keep a tub on my bench for head work. Used some on EvilC's head just last week!

CYLINDER head work guys, cylinder heads!!!! I use it to seal the glass plate to the deck surface of the "cylinder" head for CC'ing the combustion chambers...sheeesh... shy.gif

I would suggest you make the parts wider to cover the front of the tire. Make a large flat splitter area in front of the tire. Even if the splitter doesn't stick out in front of the airdam it will still help force the air out around the wheelwell, causing a low pressure area.

I really like it. Simple and functional. Does this actually make them "canards"??? I'm doing something similar in the wind tunnel forum. See pics. I am doing mine in two pieces, as i am making mine from fibreglass, and want to be able to remove the airdam from the fender (don't want to bond them together)

Yours needs to move up about two inches, then run it straight down (perpendicular to the ground) In other words, it needs to stick out a bit futher than your mockup. I love the makeshift template. Cardboard is our friend. If you are at all worried about the look, spraypaint the carboard and look at it for awhile...Then look at it some more. Don't rush it. Cardboard is easy to recut till it looks just right.

Goodluck!

Scott.