HybridZ

Has anyone done business with Silverminemotors?

Hey guys, I just picked up another Z after a 5 year hybrid Z hiatus. I have been looking for all of the parts to properly update and upgrade the suspension and brakes.

Anyhow I stumbled across http://www.silverminemotors.com , and found some very interesting items like this spring/strut combo setup from Tokico: http://www.silverminemotors.com/product.sc?categoryId=6&productId=35

here's the pic:

http://www.silverminemotors.com/images/12076335512432043414221.jpeg

I was wondering if anyone has used this setup, and/or can vouch for Silverminemotors.

Oh, another quick question, Does anyone know of a good source for the 94 240sx rear calipers?

Thanks guys,

Joe

I did. Bought the full "Stage 4" front and rear kits. Cost me over a grand I think (this was a year ago). Let me give a complete rundown of events.

I ordered the kits, both front and rear at the same time. They took about a month to get packaged up and shipped over. I received them in two different boxes. The rears came first. I was happy and everything was there. A few weeks later, the fronts came in. I found that my calipers were in the box but the rotors and bolts were missing. This had me a bit pissed off. Turns out that the box had broken and some idiot at UPS re-taped it and sent it on its way. After about 3 months of trying to deal with the "owner" (and I use the term loosely, its more like a single guy just packaging stuff and marking up the price), I got a new set of rotors and bolts. All is good I thought, everything is here. This was last summer (August '08). I went to college for a year and hadn't touched the Z. I'm unemployed this summer (thus far) and started working on the Z again. Lo and behold, the replacement rotors sent to me are warped. I just found out after installing them last week. I haven't contacted the "owner" yet, but I doubt he'll help me out. He left me pretty bitter last time.

FYI: Shox.com has the Tokico Illumina suspension kit for $559. Just an idea...

i purchased the rear brake kit he offers. brand new parts, quality bracket to adapt the caliper to the factory hub and excellent braking i have tested for hours-yes hours of lapping at watkins glen international. i'm running sub 2:20 lap times there and have given the brakes a good beating.

no problems and customer service has been great. i have no compaints.

Well. I just ordered the tokico setup from Shox.com, ended up being $634 with tax shipped.

Thanks 4x4runner, not a bad price.

I was planning on buying the toyota calipers and the 79 280zx master cylinder from silvermine.

Anyone have any other good sources for these, or the 240sx rear calipers??

Thanks for any help, i'm trying to keep within my budget here... which probably isnt going to happen.

Joe.

joeinca, i have the complete 240sx rear brake kit i pulled from my 73, which i replaced with the silvermine kit.

i have; mml adaptor brackets, calipers, caliper hangers, brake flex hoses, ebrake adaptors, rotors, brake pads-used and new hawk hp+ pads, new kvr pads [what mml sells with the kit]. rotors are in great shape and have never been [or needed to be] turned.

let me know if you are interested. kit as i have it would list over $750...