HybridZ

Panel Under Glove Box / Blower Cover

at-jefft

Hello,

I have seen a few S30's that have plastic covers under the dash/glovebox on the passenger side that covers the blower and wires. It seems like they are a rare item due to the fact that I have only seen them on a few cars. Any idea what is the deal with this panel? Were they on all S30's or specific ones?

In the pic you can see a bit of the panel towards the right:

BUUG6gB2kKGrHgoH-EEjlLlyKFGBKM7Mme-.jpg

I bought a set off ebay. There is a driver side also....

I placed the one under the glove box in place to see how it fits. It will take a little modding to fit it to my 260/280 dash. There is a couple little steel brackets that hold them in place, but I'm sure it would be simple to make up something to hold them in place if you don't have the orig bracktry...

I bought a set off ebay. There is a driver side also....

I placed the one under the glove box in place to see how it fits. It will take a little modding to fit it to my 260/280 dash. There is a couple little steel brackets that hold them in place, but I'm sure it would be simple to make up something to hold them in place if you don't have the orig bracktry...

Thanks for the info, exactly what I'm looking for. Mind sharing what I can expect cost wise for the panel?

As I recall (it's been a few years now), I had a tough time finding this panel for my early 260. I seem to remember MSA not having them in stock, then when they did, it didn't fit despite their assurances that it was the right part number for my car.

I'm not trying to bash MSA -- just trying to emphasize what I difficult time I had with this part. And my point is that I finally gave up trying to purchase it. In true hybridZ fashion, I made my own.

In my ever-so-humble opinion, I like mine better. The wood trim matches the shift knob and the faux wood trim on the door panels.

just my $0.02

fasca_post_thumb.JPG

I have a early 260 and the needed brackets are not on my car. This tells me that the 260 did not come with these panels....

I looked at my 76 parts car and it has the panels and the needed brackets are part of the car, not just the panels.

As I recall (it's been a few years now), I had a tough time finding this panel for my early 260. I seem to remember MSA not having them in stock, then when they did, it didn't fit despite their assurances that it was the right part number for my car.

I'm not trying to bash MSA -- just trying to emphasize what I difficult time I had with this part. And my point is that I finally gave up trying to purchase it. In true hybridZ fashion, I made my own.

In my ever-so-humble opinion, I like mine better. The wood trim matches the shift knob and the faux wood trim on the door panels.

just my $0.02

I have a early 260 and the needed brackets are not on my car. This tells me that the 260 did not come with these panels....

I looked at my 76 parts car and it has the panels and the needed brackets are part of the car, not just the panels.

Ya, I don't remember seeing any brackets that looked appropriate for the panel on my early 260z. Looks like I gotta track down some brackets too, Or at least some good pics of where they mount so I can fab some of my own.

The lower dash panels are on 76-78 280z's. I have a very experienced Zcar guy ( with Z car junkyard ) that wasnt aware of theses panels also. I showed him brackets for the passenger side. My son and I found one in a 2+2 he had. We are going to look for the drivers side next time. I was told that most owners removed to work on the cars and many were lost that way. They just give the car a cosmetic clean up and cover all wire bundles and mess.