HybridZ

Need a referral for body kits for my first 280zx

Logoleaf

Hi everyone,

I've just recently bought my first 280zx for my project. First, I'm looking for a nice body style for my project. Second, I would need dimension size for RIMs that best fits to it. Third, will be an engine. I'm thinking of putting a GTO RB26DETT in but first need to find someone know how to do it. I'm not that good of swapping the engine and on the other hand i don't even have enough tools to working on it. Any suggestions or ideas? I'm in OC, Calif. Any referral or hooked up will be appreciated.

Kevin,:burnout:

Well what kind of body style? Most wont affect the wheel size, so whatever fits a stock ZX. Lastly, you should not be swapping motors if you dont even have the tools to work on the car... not sure if youll be paying for all the work to be done but you might want to reconsider your options/goals.

BTW, welcome to HBZ. Also dont take my post as me being an a$$ just wanting to be strait forward.

Challenger::

The reason i wanna swap the engine because i want more horsepwr. I won't put it to race but i might put it to show (not sure). Yes, i will spend for the cost of doing the work. Do you know any one in OC? Thanks for links everyone!

To swap in a RB26dett, you need custom engine mounts, custom tranny mounts, custom driveshaft... To make or have these made can run into $$. And not doing the work yourself will run into alot of labor. It can be done its all about how much your wanting to put into the car...

Thanks for the link David, K.

I love the one on my avarta icon. Looks just great ever. How come no one make it? I'm keep searching forever to find that once. Thanks again for all the help.

If someone made a mold, im sure ZFP would make them. :mrgreen:

Thats the 280zx from Overboost magazine right? I remember that from wayyy back!

^^^ that's a badass 280ZX G-Nose that Justin is making. I checked out Bleach's ride at the Canby show, and the quality of the item is awesome (in my opinion).

I think lens covers will make it look even better! There is no gap with the hood either. :flamedevi

David,

That bumper from ZFP making the car looks longer (front to rear looking). As i'm short i would need to make mine look shorter. I'm not blame you or anyone but, i personally don't like that one. Thanks anyway.

Do you think 5K will be enough for putting the RB26dett in including labor? 1K for body kits and 1K for painting? That's my budget. Hopefully will find someone soon. Thanks everyone.

If you're not scavenging the parts yourself, building the mounts and doing all the labor. You won't come even close with your budget. You need to at least multiply that by x4.

240Zed:

Thanks for the nice photo. That's what i'm looking for. Where did you get that pic from?

sweetleaf & Young Z:

Thanks for all the suggestions. If i will spending $20K. I would take that $$$$ to down for a Mercedes or IS350. So, i don't have to worry about finding parts and spend times to put it together. :)) By the way, do you guys think should i put a L28ET in or resell it as it is? I love the body of my Z because i can't find any rust on it. The frame chassis just great (was owned by an old lady and i think she dead). Interior is awsome. Thanks again guys....

I have spent $25,000+ on my 260z and I'm nowhere near done. It doesn seem like much but like the other have said... take the price you figure and times it by four... I only planned on spending 10k MAX.

You either go the cheap route and keep it stock and drive it the way it is, or have the passion and money to make it into a street machine...

If your not either of those I would look for another car, because as deceptive as it may seem, making a hybrid z costs TONS and TONS of money and TONS and TONS of time.

Heres my car If you wanna see whats done to mine

www.cardomain.com/ride/3218401

Yup, $25k+....