HybridZ

Oil on sparkplug

I'm pretty sure a valve seal won't make your car miss. Got spark? You can borrow a compression tester from most auto parts stores. You write a check and when you bring it back they give you the check back. If you want good help, we need more info.

• 3 months later...
Thanks but the issue is solved, it was fuel not oil, due to a stuck injector.

glad you solved it!

how do you test for a stuck injector? Is it visible to the eye when you remove it? Do you need to do anything to test it when you remove it? Can you test an injector without removing it?

Yes I left the injector in. I pulled the spark plug and cleaned it then put it back in and unplugged the electrical connector from the injector. (if injector is working properly then it shouldn't open or operate). Then disconnect the coil so the car wont start and turn it over a few times. Pull the plug again, if there is gas on the plug with the injector unplugged then its stuck. My next step was to replace the injector...

Yes I left the injector in. I pulled the spark plug and cleaned it then put it back in and unplugged the electrical connector from the injector. (if injector is working properly then it shouldn't open or operate). Then disconnect the coil so the car wont start and turn it over a few times. Pull the plug again, if there is gas on the plug with the injector unplugged then its stuck. My next step was to replace the injector...

Thanks - I tried this yesterday with my final barrage of tests before taking to smog (third time this past few months) and FINALLY passed - with flying colors this time.

This site's been a wealth of knowledge for me in terms of learning about EFI - thanks everyone!