HybridZ

Nitrogen in Tires - Just Say No

No kidding. i got into a pissing match with the sales guy over that issue with my armada. i kept telling him that most of the air in the tire is nitrogen and that is what we breath. He kept coming back and saying that we breath oxygen. Go back to school dude. Yes we need that to breath but it is only a small part of the "air" we breath. most is Nitrogen. waste of skin and money.

jimbo

You should allready have it. What do you think goes into shocks??

Yeah the nitrogen fad is starting to invade motorcycling as well.....

I have guys coming in to the shop every once in a while asking for it. I just might start supplying it to make some extra cash.

For racing, it makes sense because it tends to stabilize tire pressures. You still get some pressure increase (2 to 5%) with dry nitrogen but humid air increases 10% to 15% in extreme cases. But for a street driven car that won't see 180 to 210F tire temps its just a waste of money.

$80.00 where I work.

The atmosphere is approximatly 80% nitrogen to start. You might be able to up the percentage of nitrogen with our fancy machinery....AND OUR SPECIAL NITRO VAVLE CAPS!!! as a value added bonus....BLING FACTOR

All B/S. Not worth your money.