HybridZ

Need Help on Decision

AlwithaZ

Which way?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which way?

• Cheap Turbo
    • NA build up

Cant decide which i want to do. I have an 85 300zx NA and Im on a tight budget...so if i got turbo setup im gonna have to work around an ebay kit, or a used stock setup...or i could build it up headers, CAI, and an awesome sound system...What yo guys think?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah do what I'm doing for now. Or turbo it with Stock stuff way cheaper and it bolts on without much effort. Headers is what I was thinking if I do a NA project, but then I would recommend the Pathfinder Intake Manifold and 240sx throttle body as it will flow way more air (dont forget to port match the Intake manifold to the larger Throttle body) and increase your exhaust size oh also remove air box restrictor (resonator) and put cone filter. With that you should gain possibly 25hp's. Makes a good enough difference. Might be able to find some Lighter after market rims to and then hey you'll be sailing =-)

Stock used turbo setup is the way to go on this one.

N/A power is 10 tonnes of fail for the z31, the sohc vg just can't hack it when it comes to making power. There's only 2 or 3 people in the entire z31 community that have made over 200whp with a vg30e. And for the costs of those builds, you could have a 500whp turbo car.

Anyway, check out the following link for the turbo conversion bible.

http://redz31.net/pages/turbo.html

Look around that site, it'll give you a ton of good info for z31's.

edit: and by the way, the stock z31 distributor cap Won't work with the pathfinder manifold. An older Maxima one should however.

haha is my way of showing that all the work I have done on these Z's has made me slightly insane :mrgreen: so it makes perfect sence.

anyhow... enough of the attacks LOL :burnout:

Back to the shop I'm busy creating the next apperician. "You know you heard the sound of an engine but you didnt see the car, is your mind playing tricks on you. No its that Z way way ahead of you"

CRAZY AS THE DAY IS LONG

alwithaz: I think it is your car and YOU should make a decision on what you want to do with it. My 86 has gone through many changes through it's life and is not about to stop anytime soon. I do not regret doing any of them. NA to turbo to V8. Just make a plan and do it.